Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Got my booking in appointment

The hospital phoned today and my booking in appointment is 19th April. They said I'll see the midwife briefly but that I need to see the consultant to discuss 'the way forward with the pregnancy' which freaked me out!! She then said that she meant I needed to see the consultant to discuss when / if they'll be putting a suture (stitch) in my cervix as they did last time around.

The scan is not likely to be until 3/4th MAy though which is a bummer!! BUt at least its progress and its not long to wait til 19th really.

Replies

• Options
    Thats good news MrsN at least things are moving forward for you I am still waiting for my consultant appointment x
  • Options
    I know...every little thing is a step closer to November!!!
  • Options
    Aww good news!!! I have my booking on the 19th with my scan!!! Not too long and it all starts to seem really real!! xxx
  • Options
    OMGOSH, I'm so very jealous!! I really want my midwife appointment. I feel like the last person to get it. I think the fact the doctor said 'if you don't hear anything by 10 weeks, chase me up on it' makes me feel like it's never going to come! Gah, image

BUTTT, YAY on the good news for you! It's really not that far off until you see your beautiful little baba image

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    yay for getting a date (I'm now humming "one more step along the road I go" after reading your post, I've not sung that since primary school)

I'm with you Ellie, I have no date have heard nothing and my gp doesn't expect me to hear for a while. image
  • Options
    ooh I'd be chasing the midwives up directly if I were you and asking if they've got your referral for booking in.

I'm looking forward to seeing the consultant but I know I'll be there for hours going through my previous labour/birth. I hope they dont make me fight for a section and just accept the way I feel.