Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Petrified

I keep hearing these stories about people who go for their 12 week scan and then there is nothin there and that pretrifies me! Im so worried thats going to happen!

I've got my booking appt (I think thats what it is called (first appt with the midwife) next friday which i can't wait for). I am hoping it will put my mind at ease in someway. I really want the scan date too!

Is anyone else feeling like this or is it just me?!

Replies

• Options
    No, you are definitely not alone. I'm terrified that when we go we'll get told the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks or something similar.

I think it's part of the course of becoming a mum to always be worrying.

I keep telling myself there is no reason anything should go wrong so keep positive, but it is terrifying. Can't wait to see/hear my babies little heartbeat!

We had our booking in appointment in Tuesday, it does help calm a few nerves and starts to make it feel real. Good luck with yours xxx
  • Options
    They are definately natural feelings but that situation is rare hun and there is no reason to suggest this will happen.... but I totally understand why you feel this way. I was exactly the same with my first pregnancy!!
  • Options
    So natural to feel like this, the sonographers have heard so many times that mums are just amazed there is a baby in there!!! I convinced my mum I could have had a mmc in my last pregnancy before my scan I just got so worked up, it's so hard to embrace it all when you have nothing to show for it!! You will just feel a flood of overwhelming joy and relief when you see your little bean jumping around on the screen! It's so magical!!! xxx
  • Options
    It's all natural image It's part of becoming a mummy. And the worrying never stops. It shows how much you love your little baby already and are going to be an amazing parent.

I worried all the way until 12 weeks last time and thought seeing as I have been through it all before it would be different this time but it's not! I am constantly on knicker watch for any blood and each time I don't see any I get a huge sense of relief. And unfortunately after 12 weeks, you'll find something else to worry about.

Try to relax hun, and think that so far there is no signs that anything should be wrong so it won't be. 12 weeks will be here before you know it image

Ellie xx
  • Options
    Hi Cbaby,

your worst nightmare is what happened to me in january. had every pregnancy symtom under the sun sickness and a growing bump. Got to my 12 week scan and was told nothing was there. it broke our hearts. the sac had formed and kept growing but no baby was present.it was truely horrible and i never want to go through something like that again.

i got pregnant straight after and im now 6weeks.i am PETRIFIED. This time i am getting an early scan at around 8weeks so we dont have to wait that long. ive had blood tests to check the pregnancy is ongoing and to see if the baby has grown. thankfully so far everything is fine.

im sure everyone will be fine we were just very unlucky that time. xx
  • Options
    Like the other ladies have already mentioned, I think it's a universal worry! I had a scan at 6 weeks but I still worry that I'll be told that the baby has stopped growing or some such....

...although? A woman at work (who knows I'm pg) said to me yesterday 'cor, you ARE getting big, aren't you? Definitely starting to show!' I thought 'cheeky moo!' until I went to the loo and looked in the full length mirror and thought 'hmm, I think she's right!!' :lol:

Jen - your story is so awful, can't begin to imagine how you and hubby must have felt. So glad things are progressing well for you

xxx
  • Options
    that worries me too, along with the fear that I'll have passed on patau's syndrome (trisomy 13), which basically means miscarriage or a very short painful life for our LO. Being a carrier never really bothered me before, it certainly does now.

It seems the worry of motherhood doesn't start with birth it starts when you see that BFP.

readhead - hubbs started telling me that after dinner, a few hours later the bump goes so I'm still blaming my newly crappy digestive system.
  • Options
    Im sure everything will be fine we all just have to think positive image its totally normal to be scared. we are all growing a little person inside of us!

so exciting imageimage

xx
  • Options
    yes positvity thats what we need, now where do I find some?

seriously your right Jen, it's very exciting to think theres a little person growing in each of us and in around 8 months we'll be holding them in our arms and have them with us to nurture and watch grow.
  • Options
    Haha, you're right clalee! My 'bump' gets bigger after pigging out too! :lol:

xxx
  • Options
    My second mc was not seen until two days before my 12 weeks scan when I had a small bleed. we are worried it is going to happen again this time but we are going with PMA and hoping this baby will be a lovely sticky bean - I dont think any of us will not worry, we wouldnt be human if we didnt.

But we keep strong and have every faith that our little bundle will be there and we will think what was I worried about....that is what all of us girls have to do otherwise we would be a walking wreck!

happy healthy months ahead girls, our babies are on their way!

enjoy the ride!

• Options
    It's hard to relax and plan for the future until the 12 week scan I think. We're coutning down the days, there's only 17 days to go til the scan for us so not too long to wait!!
  • Options
    I worry exactly the same even though we had a scan at 6 weeks I am so worried that something bad will happen it is natural x
  • Options
    Thanks for all your support girls and it has made me feel a little better knowing i am not alone! We'll just all have to TRY and keep positive and hang on in there hey?

So sorry to hear your story Jen and Joy but lets hope all our beans are sticky! image

xx
  • Options
    Good morning to All, well I think I can very easily join you in this discussion, I am also petrified and it still seems a very long time away!!! But there is not much I can do, I'm trying to keep myself busy until then ..... not that it's working much image