Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Booking appt

Due 28th Nov, My booking in appointment is ages away the 9th May, thanks to me being in the back of the line at health centre will nearly be 11 weeks. How am I going to manage to wait that long? Doesn't feel real atm? Cant wait till May.

Replies

• Options
    I'll join you in the wait I'm not getting one till my 12 week scan so it'll be about then too image we can keep each other company in our impatience
  • Options
    Sounds good, I am so impatient image Be November before we know it though. On the plus side after the booking we wont have to wait long till the scan image
  • Options
    that's very true it makes that wait shorter. What comes after that any ideas?
  • Options
    HI.

My booking is 19th April but scan wont be until 4/5th May. Feels like ages away.

After that - depending on area - you see mw at 16weeks who listens for the HB and scan at 20 weeks.

The weeks are dragging for me - I already fel that I've been pregnant forever.
  • Options
    I'd like to say I can cope with waiting four weeks between things it doesn't sound long, but on current impatience levels I'm not sure thats true.
  • Options
    Hi Mrs naps, Know what you mean about feeling like you have been pregnant forever. In one way I wish I was getting symptoms so I would feel pregnant but really dreading the morning sickness especially when I am running around after a toddler. I get really pathetic when I am sick aswell go hot and dizzy and need to sit down, so should be interesting. image
  • Options
    I may have to bow out of waiting for a booking appointment with you.

i got a letter through this weekend to go for a scan and booking appointment on thursday. I'll be 8 weeks, I'm guessing it's to do with begin a carrier for pataus but my gp didn't think i stood a chance of getting an early appointment.

I get to see out little one on thursday image admittedly they'll be tiny, but it might put my mind at ease for a bit. I'll also get all the info on cvs tests or amnio's for the patau's, so will hubs so we can make an informed decision together.
  • Options
    Foaled glad you got your early appointment, hopefully you find out all you need to. Yay for seeing your little bean early. Fingers crossed everything is just fine and bean is well and strong and healthy.x
  • Options
    Foaled?! Have no idea what my phone was trying to say!! :lol:
  • Options
    Yay Clalee you get to see your lo early, you must be sooo excited! image I will forgive you for not waiting with me lol image Congratulations again. x
  • Options
    thanks both of you. I'm swinging between being ecstatic and scared at the minute. I'm glad I don't have long to wait. Hubby's very excited though a little miffed the letter said I could bring a friend or relative and not partner. He'd hoped he would get an invite too being the lo's Dad.

p.s :lol: @ foaled, you've got to love modern technology.