Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I am in a world of pain!!!!

This is my second pregnancy and the pain in the back of my pelvis/sciatic area is beyond excruciating!!! I thought I had sciatica at the end of my last pregnancy and went along with it as 'one of those things' but I'm now thinking after reading up that it's PGP (pelvic girdle pain). I walked a long way today to take LO to baby group and I am suffering massively now!! Did anyone else get spd/pgp last time? Has it flared up again yet? I'm a bit worried that because it's happening so early I'm going to end up in loads of pain throughout!!! I'm going to end up sitting on my birthing ball for the next 7 months and we've just got a new couch!!! Sob!! :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Aww hun - it was the one thing I didn't suffer from last time but I know in my due in forum there were lots of women that found it fairly debilitating.

It must be especially hard with a little one as well.

Will you take anything? Paracetemol?

Have a hot bath tonight and try and relax a bit.

Big hugs - hope it eases off.
  • Options
    I really hate taking anything in pregnancy but just took some paracetamol, think I'm gonna end up with a support belt and everything. It's hard because Sophia is like a little koala who I carry everywhere!!! Ahhhh sob!!! (feeling sorry for myself!!) at least it is kind of cancelling out the nausea by giving me something else to think about!!! xxx
  • Options
    aw hun - i know what you mean about taking anything but paracetamol is fine so dont worry about that.

ask for a phsyio appointment.

Bless Sophia ..... but she'll have to get used to not being carried around everywhere soon enough, so maybe start weaning her off it gently. Ha. XX
  • Options
    ah bless you sweetie, it isnt any good is it - I hope it starts to ease soon for you!x
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice!!! I guess I will have to take each day as it comes! I will go to my docs or midwife to see what they say!!! I am back to work on Monday so I'm hoping this will wean Sophia off wanting to come everywhere with me...although I kind of like it!!! She's my little clingon!! xx
  • Options
    Aww I used to love it too - though my little man would hate it so it was more me wanting to carry him everywhere! Ha.

Good Luck back at work....do they know you're pregnant yet?

I hope the pain eases off chick. X
  • Options
    Nooooooo they don't know and I tried my uniform on today and it doesn't fit, I look 20 weeks pregnant already so don't think I can wait too long to tell them eeeeeekkkkk!!!!! xxx
  • Options
    I suffered terribly with SPD with my first pregnancy, it was difficult to walk a lot of the time. I am already getting pains on my left side similar to the pain first time round, so I'm also worried it's started early again! image
  • Options
    I was only doing ironing for 15 minutes and then I changed the bed and I'm in absolute agony, ugghhh!!!! Awww I hope you can get away with any bad spd symptoms for a while, it's worse when you know what's coming! I thought our bodies were designed for pregnancy, sometimes I think not?!!! xxx