Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I'm so ill :(

Oh ladies, I've been ever so poorly these last couple of days and it only seems to be getting worse!! A few of my symptoms are the worst sore throat, a cold which is making my eyes water constantly! People keep asking why I'm crying, and awfully bad sinus pain which means I can only sleep sat up otherwise too much pressure goes into one side of my face causing a killer headache...and those are just a few of the worst symptoms.

Paracetamol is doing nothing!!! Booo to not being able to take anything stronger. Silver lining I guess is that I should be fit and well in time for Wales on Friday...or at least alot better than this.

Sorry for the self indulgent moaning post but I really do feel so crappy. Anyone know of any safe homemade remedies that will help me image

A very tired, hurt and upset Ellie xxx

Replies

• Options
    G/C from DIS but went through much the same in early pregnancy. Your sinuses and nose have extra blood being pumped in that area whilst pregnant so it's not unusual to feel extreme pressure in this area (not that it helps you feel better). You are able to take certain antihystimenes whilst pregnant which can help relieve any symptoms which maybe allergy related (pregnancy can also heighten those symptoms to be 10 times worse). Otherwise steam inhalation works wonders be it a few drops of eucalyptus, tea tree oil or albus oil.
  • Options
    Awww hun, sending tea and sympathy!!! It sucks!!! Me and Sophia are both ill, she was up all night so I'm struggling getting through today! She keeps wanting to crawl into the most ridiculous spaces too and my energy is depleted! Work will be a rest tomorrow!! Maybe try some karvol?

xxx
  • Options
    So sorry to hear it image I would like to echo Katie, tea+lemon+honey is amazing help, I had a cold coming at about 7 weeks and fought it off with this, use decaf tea and you can drink as much as you want, I normally use half a lemon and about 2-3spoons of honey for each cup....hope you feel better soon x
  • Options
    I have no advice thats not already been given, but I hope you feel better soon.

I've had a cold since about 4/5 weeks and just cant shake the dregs of it, so I can thoroughly sympathise.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your advice ladies!!

I've just got back from the doctors now with some antibiotics. It turns out I have tonsillitus, a head cold and a sinus infection so it's no wonder I've been feeling really bad. I never get poorly, I have such a good immune system that I literally don't know what to do with myself when I'm like this. The last time I went to the doctors from something illness related was over 10 years ago image I can't wait for the medication to kick in!! I don't think I've ever been this happy to take tablets hehe.

Hope you're all well

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    that really doesn't sound good hope the antibiotics work