Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bra's

Please help me. I ALWAYS wear under wired bra's, feel like I'm not suppported if I don't. I went to Matalan the other week and bought some more bra's in a bigger size to accomodate the expandin bust! At what stage should you change to non wired bra's or can you wear wired through out pregnancy? (This is my first) I do feel like I need more support, I was walking the other day and felt like I was going to knock someone out with the amount of wobbling goig on!! :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Pudding, I was exactly the same, plus I don't like bras that aren't a bit thick as I don't like my nipples showing through my tops!! I went to Mothercare, I thought just to have a look at the bras and bough one nude and one black bra, very simple, and I can't get enough of them! They aren't wired but still give you a nice support for your boobs plus are thick enough !!!
  • Options
    You need to switch to non underwired especially if you intend to breast feed as the wires can apparently damage the milk ducts! I got some nice ones from Mothercare last time, you should really go and get measured and get some comfy bras! The ones I got felt just as supported as my underwired and I'm a 34D so not small! xxx
  • Options
    G/C from DIS but as mentioned by other ladies maternity bras are both comfortable and supportive and can be found in mothercare or M&S. The staff will measure you and advise you on correct size (you may need to alter size again in last trimester as bump and boobs swell that bit more/this time to get nursing bras if BFing). Underwired bras will start to dig in and may bruise you as well as restricting growth of milk ducts and you should ditch them as soon as possible from wk12 if you intend BFing.
  • Options
    oh dear I had better get rid of mine then. I like the underwire and the bit extra padding as only a B cup! :lol:

Perhaps it is time to go and get measured then - how much should we be paying for a good decent bra?

• Options
    I think mothercare do a pack of two for around 14quid, it might be more, my memory is shot!! xx
  • Options
    I got a 2 pack from m&s very plain but supportive, last time I got some prettier ones from lasenza x