Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

back aaaaaaaaache

hi ladies, I am just past 15 weeks and am getting terrible lower back ache - it doesnt help that I sit behind a computer all day but I am up and down like a yoyo to stretch and have a break.

taking a cushion in tomorrow to see if it helps.

any ideas as to what else I can do?

xxx

:cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi there,

I really suffer with my back, seems worse since epidural/spinal block last time too image But What really helps mine is not heat, but cold. If you can get one of those gel ice packs for the freezer then put that on (wrapped in a tea towel!) it helps so much. Also putting cushions behind you so when you're sat up your back is straight as opposed to slouched.

Apart from that, no real tips, apart from I was thinking of acupuncture if gets really bad, this too is supposed to help a lot image

xxxx
  • Options
    Awww hun, I sympathise!!! I've got sciatica and I'm in agony! It's actually better when I'm in work as I'm sat up straight! Night time is awful I have to fully wake up to turn over as I'm in so much pain!

I do remember having loads of backache in my last pregnancy quite early on and it's not the weight of your bump but the hormone relaxin that is softening your ligaments and joints!!! I felt really bad around 20 weeks and I thought oh god what is it going to be like at 30 weeks but it got so much better after a few weeks!!! I got a maternity pillow...god send!!! Oh and a gym ball...total godsend!!!

Take care hun!!! xxx
  • Options
    yes going to get a gym ball again

thanks for the comments girls I hope it gets better soon and will try the ice pack! x
  • Options
    this sounds bad but I'm so glad it's not just me. I told hubby last night and he said you're not that pregnant yet and didn't understand why I ached so much more.

He doesn't want me getting my gym ball out as it'll clutter up the flat and we've just put it on the market. I may be ignoring him soon.