Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

20 week scan - gender scan anyone??!

OK, so I was very very nervous about my 20 week scan. Mainly because I have a very high BMI and they could barely see the baby at the 12 week scan.

Anyway, I shouldn't have worried because it was all fine.

I actually think I have lost a lot of weight!

Anyway.

I have a daughter who will be 3 next month and I really really wanted to know what I'm having this time.

I told the woman that, although I said making sure the baby was all OK was my priority but could she please tell me at the end!

My main reason is that I am a little scared of having a boy! I think that's what it is as well! It's all fine and I'll be over the moon with either it's just that I need to prepare if it's a boy, both mentally and shopping wise because although I kept everything of my daughters I definitely went overboard with the pink!!

So, yesterday I discussed it with hubbie and said we could get a gender scan. He is fine not knowing but is quite happy for me to get one if I want.

Will I spend the money though and then the baby is in the same position and they can't tell. Or might they get it wrong?

Should I book one now or is a 4d at 26 weeks more accurate?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks. xx

Replies

• Options
    If you booked one now they would be able to tell you the gender. Also, because you're paying to find out the gender, if that baby is in ann awkward position they'll tell you to go for a walk and hopefully baby will of moved. If not, most places offer to re-scan you at another day to find out.

I'd definitely have one done if the sonographer couldn't tell. Good Luck

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    We're going for one on Sunday!!

similar reasons, sonographer was rubbish and couldnt tell for def so I want another check over as I'm not convinced by anything she said...

we're going with babybond who will re-scan etc if they can't tell (when its a specific gender scan).

our main priority is that baby is well but as we already have a little girl we'd like to know what we need to buy. (we've also kept a LOT) think its also to get our little girl used to the idea of her little sister/brother coming along.

i'm over 23 weeks which they said was great. I think last time we waited til about 30 weeks and had a 4D scan which was lovely but we're not that bothered this time.

hope you get what you're looking for. image
  • Options
    I will totally be in the same bought!!! Everything is pink and I've already started planning the pink double bedroom!! Will be super shocked if it's a boy and will need to start sorting things out asap!!! Will definitely be going for a private scan! That's for sure!!! I don't really want a 4d as I didn't have one with Sophia and I don't want to have one for one baby and not for the other! xxx