Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going for a 3rd 20 week scan!!!

Hiya ladies, not been on here for ages as work has been crazy but all starting to calm down now!

We had our second 20 week scan yesterday and we are having a lovely baby boy! We had to return as the first time we were scanned baby was curled up in a ball so the sonographer couldn't check the heart and face.

Yesterday, still pretty curled up but managed to check the face but still not the heart. After we got him to move out of his little ball, he insisted on waving his arms around so much she couldn't get a clear picture.

Seeing the consultant next time as they have more time so we'll just stay until we are sure everything there is okay.

He is definitely a little monkey, really hoping it's not a sign of things to come. On the plus side, get to see him wriggling around again.

Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their 20 week scans.

Replies

• Options
    Hope he co-operates on the third attempt, though I don't think I'd mind anther glimpse of our lo wriggling about. We had a scan with the consultant, and she was great I was sent out for a wander, again to completely empty my bladder and at that point he decided to show her his heart well for a little while before he rolled over again. It was long enough for her to be able to zoom in on all the separate chambers and make sure it's ok though.
  • Options
    hi this has happened to me too. with my little monkey. my first 2 scans were with the consultant but he was just determind not to coperate with them lol. got my third appoinment next friday with the sonographer i hope she has better luck with this little monkey showing off his heart lol. if not there just going to leave it and put it down to one of these things i think .