Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Which pram/pushchairs...?

Hi ladies

I am 27 weeks and starting to look at pushchairs. Has anyone got any thoughts?

I like the I candy cherry and also the John Lewis travel system. We want something light and where the baby an face me as well as forwards.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    Totally g/c, hope you don't mind........I have the icandy peach and it is A.Mazing love it. The best bit is is quite petit and I can use my carseat on the frame. Would be totally lost without the adapters. So handy when lo is asleep and you just want to pop to the shop as you don't have to worry about waking them up moving them from car seat to pram etc. I wouldn't buy the pram again though as it was quite expensive and I only used it a handful of times.

Hope this is helpful sorry to g/c

xxx
  • Options
    thats fab thanks. the thing putting me off the i candy cherry is you have to have the carrycot to use it from birth cos the stroller bit isnt suitable til 6 months, and this then bumps the price up and means a seperate carrycot,car seat and stoller(all on the same chassis though) xx
  • Options
    we're going for the Mothercare curv travel system. The extra permenant base clip doesn't it in our car so will be doing the old fashioned seatbelt round. Like you I wanted something from birth

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Curv-Stroller-Travel-System/dp/B004H234AU?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_4&nodeId=42803041&sr=1-4&qid=1312285988&pf_rd_r=1GAK0Q29C7WZ1M335PFN&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=42803041&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5
  • Options
    Hey Angelheartuk1

The seperate pram is a pain. I would suggest you maybe leave the pram bit for a few weeks and see if you really need it. That is what I wished I did. My lo was fine in the car seat. Also you are due in November so how much walking will you be able to do? Plus my little boy has been in the stroller since about 4 months. The pram was quite narrow and he was way too big for the pram quite quickly!

XX
  • Options
    Hey Angelheartuk1 The seperate pram is a pain. I would suggest you maybe leave the pram bit for a few weeks and see if you really need it. That is what I wished I did. My lo was fine in the car seat. Also you are due in November so how much walking will you be able to do? Plus my little boy has been in the stroller since about 4 months. The pram was quite narrow and he was way too big for the pram quite quickly! XX
  • Options
    hi

thanks for the reply. i did wonder how much use we would get from the carrycot but i know the stroller isnt suitable from birth. My due date is 31th oct(but there is no one in that forum!) so i like to look in here image

we live near a lake and do like to walk round it even in the winter, with lots of layers of course!oh i really dont know what to do! after 3 years of ttc and ivf i dont think i actually believe there is going to be a baby girl in our family sometime soon.too scared to actually buy anything!
  • Options
    My best friend is having IVF at the moment her 3rd attempt and nearly 7 years of trying. So good to hear a happy outcome! Based on your experience and what you have been through to get to this stage I would say forget everything else I said and buy the carrycot!!! Although I didn't use it much I felt like a proper mummy walking with my baby boy all snug in his pram. It isn't the best money I ever spent but........or buy a carrycot on ebay as the previous owner probably didn't get much use out of it either!! :lol: xxx
  • Options
    I really hope your friend gets her bfp this round.life sucks sometimes. X
  • Options
    Just been a purchased an oyster stroller and carrycot with maxicosi car set and iso fix car base. Still in denial and it feels like it's for someone else x
  • Options
    Hi Angelheart, I've not been on here much, but do try and post/read as often as possible!!

Just wanted to say I was exactly like you when it came to getting stuff for the baby. We got pram at about 27 wks with my last LO, like you, but I wouldn;t have it in the house at all, lived in my mum's until LO was here!

My mum also had to come and sort me out when I was about 35 wks as I had bought a packet of vests and that was it, lol! Didn't pack my hospital bag until I was about 38 wks either. I think I was just so terrified something would go wrong, and just buying anything in my mind was tempting fate! So just wanted to say that you are not alone in how you feel image

Lots of love

ps, on the pram front, we had the Bugaboo (currently for sale as now need a double, lol!) but my LO went into pram seat at 4 months too, I know they say 6 months, but I think that is to cover their backs! There was no way my DS would have still got in carrycot at 6 months!! However, although we only used that bit for a short time, it was so lovely pushing him in a 'proper' pram image

xxxx
  • Options
    We are going for the Icandy cherry or Stokke, going to try them out this Saturday I can't wait image