Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

any tips for a hot trip abroad at 32 weeks?

Hey ladies,

Has anyone got any tips for me, other than the obvious, get up and move around on the plane, keep hydrated etc... for going away when i'm a hieffer?

We're off to a family wedding in Cyprus in September and i'll be 32/33 weeks. I'm getting a Drs note at the beginning of the month to say i'm fine to fly, but just wondered if anyone had done this before at such a late stage and what precautions i should take ?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry no tips but have a lovely time x
  • Options
    g/c from due in sept, I am 34 weeks at the mo and much more tired and even with this rubbish Scottish weather I can't bare the heat.

Take a fan, I have a paper chinese fan which is great. also stay out of the sun as much as possible as pregnant ladies are a more risk of sun damage and burning. when in the sun cover with light breathable clothes and use a sun protection higher than normal. you may find you are more tired at this stage so if you can fit in a mid afternoon nap. watch out for swelling in your ankles etc if you have a long day, if they swell its a sign to rest. also careful with the bugs, aparently our blood is tastier now but i'm not sure if we can use repellants etc perhaps ask at boots.
  • Options
    Hi. I asked in Boots re insect repellent and they wouldn't sell it to me whilst pregnant. They said to check with my GP about what is safe to use, so if you have time perhaps get a quick appointment x
  • Options
    oooh excellent tips! I'm off to Kefalonia in a couple of weeks at 30/31. I'm planning on doing a lot of floating in the pool, and a lot of shaded reading! Mum was on about me kayaking with them all, but blimey I'm not sure my back would take it without scaffolding to hold me up!
  • Options
    Light floaty kaftans for preventing sunburn on extra sensitive skin. Cream with high SPF (40 or 50). A big sun hat for preventing sunstroke. As for insect repellent, try looking for a moisturiser with citronella or lemongrass included within it (Boots, Bodyshop and Avon have been known to stock these). Insects hate the smell and should avoid you whilst wearing it.
  • Options
    Excellent call on the sun hat; I'll be in the city the day before we fly so I'll get one then!
  • Options
    Make sure you have a room with aircon!
  • Options
    ahh thanks ladies.. i hadn't even thought about insect repellents and the blighters LOVE me!! (i was like a human braille book when we went to Oz!!!

great tips thank you!