Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleep!!

Hi girls

Is anyone struggling to sleep?

I'm shattered each night and want to go to bed sooo early, I try stay up til 10ish so I'm not going too early. However I keep waking up in the middle of the night and I'm wide awake! Yet still tired! This morning I woke at 3 and didn't manage to get back to sleep before my alarm went off at 6.30. I'm very aware of the positions I'm sleeping in so best for baby but can't seem to get comfy in these positions so wonder if that's subconsciously waking me up. I just generally feel like I could get up I'm that wide awake.

Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, I've been waking up but think its due to being so excited!!! image Although every morning around 4 I was up really hot! x
  • Options
    I know it is sooo exciting, I have wondered if it's that also as its the first thing ya think of when wake up n wonder if my brain then goes into overdrive lol. I am also hot when I wake and figgity!

It's all worth it though image

Xxx
  • Options
    I think I wrote a identical post a while back on here!! I'm the same, shattered by 8pm and need to sleep, but then wide awake about around 5am!!! Even if I manage to go back to sleep, i'm still awake really early! So annoying! What is this about sleeping positions? I thought that was just later on in pregnancy...do I need to be careful how I sleep now?! Oh dear...
  • Options
    Hi Mojacobs

I got a much better sleep last night, 10 til 5.30 (when needed the loo) then back to sleep til 6.45 when dd woke up

As for sleeping positions I wouldn't worry too much I think it is mainly for later pregnancy I just remember it from when I was pregnant with dd. they say lying on your left side is the best as it increasing blood flow to baby. Lying on your back can cause pressure from uterus and eventually baby when bigger and can cause reduced circulation and therefore effecting baby. I often go to sleep on my side and wake up on my back, I sometimes get a dull ache in tummy if I've been on my back too long, I got this with dd too. I'm probably being over conscious about it but I can't help thinking about it when laid in bed.

Xxx
  • Options
    I had a fab 9 hours last night image Feeling very refreshed xx
  • Options
    Oh brilliant image I got 8 so feeling pretty good too, since I wrote this post the last 2 nights have been loads better lol xxx