Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi Everyone!!

Hi everyone, I wanted to introduce myself I took a test last week and it said im 1-2 weeks pregnant, please could someone tell me when I should see my doctor for the first time. Ive been told that I should take my due date from the first day of my last period which means im due 22 Nov.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!x.x

Replies

• Options
    congratulations hun xx i too took a test last week and it said 1-2 weeks but i know the date of conception so wasn't sure if i go by that or by lmp?? lol. my cycles are crazy so not sure lol xx

i did it by conception (3rd march) so i'm due 25th nov

xx
  • Options
    Huge congratulations Teegee77

I went to docs week after I found out, they don't do anything exciting but just give you some advice, an edd and book you onto the system, then the midwife will contact you to arrange to see you over the next few weeks.

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months x x x
  • Options
    Congratulations hun! Ring your doc asap so they can get the ball rolling on your midwife appointment! It is confusing about the due date as like you I know when I conceived, but the docs and midwives will date you by your last period, so that's the date I am using too to save any confusion. It will no doubt change when I get my scan just to add further confusion! xx
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome image I have known for 2 weeks and went to see the doctor today. They just put you on the system and then you see the midwife after 8 weeks xx
  • Options
    Congrats Teegee77.

If you can book straight in with the midwife do it as all the doctors do is pretty much tell you what you can't do, eat etc which to be honest you can find out online.

Congrats again and enjoy the next 9 months

• Options
    Congratulations! I think you can pop to the Drs whenever you like, if you dont have any medical problems then like vicki said try to book straight in with the midwife if you can!

Good luck