Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

chicken pox :-(

Ds1 has chicken pox image he had 2 spots yesterday. Didn't think anything of it as he gets spots with his ezcema. But this morning his back is covered and the spots he had yesterday are blisters. Sigh. Luckily i had chicken pox when i was 6, so should be ok. Spoke to Dr who wasn't concerned. Off out for cream now. No nursery for rest of week, may be even next week. He had his sports day today too! image Ds2 is ok for now so hopefully won't have to miss his play school or tumble tots. I pay for those! Lol Xxx

Replies

• Options

Its always a worry isn't it, even though they say if you've already had c pox then you have nothing to worry about!  Ds came down with c pox the week I found out I was pg - and I just couldn't believe the timing!  Such a shame your DS has to miss his sports day - its awful seeing them covered in spots isn't it - especially when there's v little you can do.  Hope he recovers soon and in the meantime, if your DRs not worried, trust him and try not to be x

• Options
    Well Ds2 made play school. But this evening he has refused his dinner, been feverish and moaning of tummy ache. Had a tough bath and bedtime. He has 2 spots. It is going to be a long week. For now Ds1 is ok, just covered in spots. Sigh Xxx
  • Options

This is what I have been dreading during my pg, but touch wood it hasn't happened yet. But I have found out since being pg that I am immune to chickenpox (I didn;t know if I was because my mum couldnt remember)

• Options
    Well overnight Ds2. Was up once burning up. He is still burning up this morning. No spots though. When Will they Appear? Ds1 spots have multiplied over night! He is ok. I have felt hot all night. Have a killer headache too. The sort of headache i get when i have a virus. Omg i am so scared now that i am getting chicken pox. image :'-( please just let it be that i am run down or something. I can't afford the time off work and the complications i keep reading about. . . . . . Worrying myself sick. But daren't say a word to hubby. Pretending i feel ok. :'-(