Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sooo quiet in Due In November - How are the Bumps???

Hi ladies,

So how are the bumps and how is everyone doing - its so quiet on here!

I'm getting hefty kicks and baby definitely doesn't like the direct sun!  I'm also getting quite a bit of lower back pain, so am seeing an osteopath and starting pilates to try to help stabilise it a bit.

The hospital are also keen for me to try a VBAC - so that's thrown me completely as I had assumed they would say another c-section.  Now that I know this option is open to me, I'm really keen on a waterbirth, but they wont allow me on the natural birth centre only the labour ward - not what I had in mind - think I may have a battle on my hands!  Have just booked into Hypnobirthing classes as this really appeals, though I'm the world's worst relaxed person, so I think I've got my work cut out!

Hope everyone's having a lovely summer, bumps and all xxx

Replies

• Options

Hello! I'm doing good, bump is lively and kicking the crap out of me. It's really weird I can sometimes feel exactly where he is lying, I can feel his head and his back! He seems to like pushing up into the right side of my ribs and sometimes I have to poke him back down because it's uncomfortable! My back has been killing me lately, my tailbone and pelvis aches when I sit at my desk, my middle back aches when I sit on the sofa. Ache ache ache! 

My friend recommended hypnobirthing to me, I was looking for classes and came across daisy birthing which I think coverd yoga, hypno birthing and active birthing techniques. I start on Tues, I'm quite excited! When do you start hypnobirthing?

Ooh I hope you get to have a waterbirth image I'm starting to feel excited about giving birth, I have been completely terrified but over the last week I have lost my fear and I'm looking forward to it, I feel confident. My OH reckons it's cos my body knows the baby is now viable.. Either way I am glad to feel confident and not feel scared anymore! 

xx

• Options
    It is very quiet in here. I am doing okay. Gettinglots of kicks. Told dd1 about baby -very excited. Consultant gave me a choice of vbac or section. I have opted for section and she is ok with that. She feels section is safer for baby and vbac safer.for me. She is also going to continue aspirin till end but reduced dose from 34 weeks . Having growth scans at 28 32 36 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi,

Im due 31st oct but always look in here occasionally but so much quieter than my last pregnancy. Lots of kicks here too and baby still doing somersaults but last one breech till 37 weeks so used to it.

I turned down vbac due to traumatic birth, I want to feel as in control as possible this time and for me that's an elective section, hospital supportive which was a massive relief!

Low lying placenta at last scan so due another to check position, I'm finding I'm a lot more uncomfortable, sooner this time, not sure why, feel bigger too. Just had bloods re-requested following my 28 week bloods as well so not sure why but guessing probably anemic, have to wait and see but a bit odd as I just got a letter and no explanation x
  • Options
    Its great to hear everyone's news. Have you all decided on names yet? We haven't. Still trying yo decide
  • Options

Hi ladies, it is quiet on here, I go on the facebook group quite a lot but need to kick my own arse and come on here more often!!  

I'm having lots and lots of kicks, esp after eating and when I lie in bed just before sleep!  

We've decided on a def girls name but have a few options for boys image x

• Options

Good to hear everyone's doing well.  Glad I'm not the only mad?optomistic? one doing hypnobirthing Sian!  I start on the 30th for 4 sessions of 2hrs each.  Getting quite excited too!!

My back is still really giving me grief.  Osteo has given me some exercises to do at home and I'm seeing her again next week.  Looking forward to starting pilates this week too.

Have bought a birthing ball to use at my desk (recommended by osteo) so that might help.  I also had tailbone pain in my last pg Sian and ended up buying a doughnut cushion to ease the discomfort at my desk - I think everyone thought I had piles LOL!

Good to hear from you S-evans.  Didn't hear your last scan update so hoping all was well. I'm also being checked at 28,32,36 which is reassuring and aspirin all the way through, but half dose from 36wks.

Wev'e got our baby's name sorted thank goodness - very exciting!

xxx

• Options

inka2012 hope your blood tests results are okay. I've got my 28 week bloods booked for next thurs, I'll actually be 30 weeks but I requested a specific nurse cos I hate needles and this particular nurse is really good!

s-evans we told my 2 step-kids about the baby at the weekend they are both really excited image I haven't decided on a name yet, I have a few ideas written down but nothing we really love or can agree on yet! We're probably going to have a list of a few we like and then decide when he's born.

MrsS1981 I am same as you, baby moves loads after eating which I guess is the energy rush and then when I go to bed he has a party. My friend said when we walk about our pelvis rocks and makes baby sleep so when we lie down it stops rocking them and they wake!

MrsKH72 my friend used hypnobirthing for both her babies. The daisy birthing doesnt go quite as deep as proper hypnobirthing, it kind of relaxes you almost all the way there if that makes sense! Had first class last night, we did yoga then some relaxation techniques, I feel more confident already!

Well I've been signed off work now as had a panic attack on Monday - long story short I've been put under a lot of pressure at work and it just got too much for me. Doc said stress can induce early labour so safer to sign me off until end of Aug so that's me off work now til next year!

xx

• Options

How did I miss the facebook group - could some please point me in the right direction. x

• Options
    Just sent you a PM babyfox xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies I haven't been on here for sooo long, I do read now and again but haven't posted for a while.

Baby is a little wriggler, also most active time is just as I go to bed, I play him/her some soothing music and it kicks away.

Also struggling with boys names, have a few in mind but nothing set, find girls easier to think of.

Hope everyone is doing ok, hope the aches n pains aren't too bad can't believe we are all in/entering the 3rd trimester. Seems like no time at all we were all 'meeting' on here x x x
  • Options
    Hey guys. Nice to hear how you are all getting on. This pg is flying now! I am feeling ok. Not too many aches and pains but i am measuring 2 weeks ahead so bump is large. Developed gestational diabetes so backwards and forwards the hospital, as well as being on a strict diet and checking blood sugar. Work is an inconvenience now. I am a carer and my coordinator thinks i can't do half the work, so over 2 days this week i have 7hrs work. How i meant to live on that i have no idea. Brought mat leave forward 2 weeks. But seriously considering going off sick. Sian when does your mat leave kick in from Being off sick? Don't want mine forced on me any earlier! To top it off hubbys Nanna is in hospital with a stroke and pneumonia. Not looking good. This pg has been my hardest yet. Got a growth scan today. See how big my monster is. If he stays big i Will be induced early. Mid Oct. Will wait and see. image
  • Options
    Oh nimmy sorry to hear your not having a good time of it, larger baby's are more likely With gestational diabetes aren't they? Let us know how you get on with your scan today. I hope your strict diet isn't too bad.

Sorry to hear Hubs nanna isn't well, I hope she makes a full recovery.

I'm not pistive on this but I think of your off sick your maternity leave will automatically start 11 weeks before baby is due? I'm off to google it now x x x
  • Options
    Wel I googled it, I'm completely wrong lol, I think from what I've read you can be signed off sick until the start of the 4th week before baby is due then maternity kicks in, I would maybe speak to your employer though don't take what I say ha ha x x x
  • Options
    That is what i read too. Just wanted to see it in reality! Lol. Thanks. So fed up. My boys need me at home. But not ill so don't know if i would get signed off anyway. X
  • Options
    Diet basically ultra healthy! On an average plate half has to be salad or veg, quarter carbs and quarter protein. Got to eat slow release carbs so sweet potatoes and seeded bread. Limit fruit. Cut out sweets and chocolate. Basically cut out all food i love. image i found it hard not being able to eat what i want when i want. Luckily i am not poorly with it. But it is an inconvenience lol! Will be in later aft scan. Xxx
  • Options
    Nimmy do you think you can do the work? If so That's really unfair for them to reduce your hours like that! I've been signed off from 13-31st. I will still take my holiday leave from 23rd-31st though (cos I don't want to get paid ssp!) and start maternity 1st SEP as planned. I'd arrangd to start mat leave fairly early anyway because work is so stressful we didn't want baby put at any risk from me being put under so much pressure, but turned out baby still got put at risk despite my best efforts!

Sorry to hear about your hub's nanna image I hope she'll be ok, you really don't need this extra worry. FC your growth scan will be okay, though if you do have to be induced think of the positive, you get to meet your baby early! image

xx
  • Options
    Right update! Baby is a fatty. Should be 2-2.5lb at 29w but is 3.5lb. He is right on top lines for his height, weight and head circumference. So on track for induction. I on other hand have non existent blood pressure which explains me passing out! I have lost 2kg in weight in 2weeks on diet and bump measuring spot on. Blood sugar on the high side so now on some tablets as well as diet to control it. Unfortunately it was all too much for me and i ended up in floods of tears. Rang Dr in tears who was lovely and agreed i needed some space and something needed to give. So work has gone. I have self certified for next 2days and seeing Dr next week for a sick note. I only work 2-3days a week anyway. I had 9 shifts left over 4weeks (including this week) then 2weeks holiday before mat leave kicks in at 35w so should stay the same. Talking to manager next week anyway so Will bring up lack of work and discrimination as that is what it is. I don't care now tho. Nanna still with us although very poorly. Now to find a cure for my piles. Ouchy. This pg is so my last! Xxx
  • Options
    Oh hun you are doing the right thing stopping work, that's all a lot to take in! Now you can relax and focus on baby. Great that you lost some weight and bump is spot on. Sorry about your blood pressure is there anything you can do or just have to go with it? I agree about your work it is discrimination just to reduce your hours like that. I've fortunately not succeed with piles so no tips!xx.
  • Options
    Suffered not succeed!
  • Options
    My normal self only weighs 52kg so don't want to loose too much i Will disappear! No advice re blood pressure except don't stand up too fast! I have suffered piles every time especially after birth. But not this bad during pg! Oh the joys lol Xxx