Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not settling well for naps/bedtime

DD has always (pretty much) been great at settling for her nap and especially so at bedtime (very lucky I know).

However she was really quite poorly over Christmas and since then has been unable to settle for her nap and bedtime.

At bedtime she's taking up to an hour before going to sleep, even though shes shattered. We have a good bedtime routine so I haven't done anything different.

She spends the time chattering with bursts of crying. Last night was full on crying image

She will only settle after I've been to see her and soothed her *sigh*. not really a habit I want to get into but I've been going with it seeing as she was poorly and therefore probably needed the extra reassurance. But now i believe she's doing it because she knows whs the response will be, there's nothing wrong with her.

So do I just continue going with it and "this phase shall pass" or shall I get tough and do something about it?

Naps are pretty terrible at the moment, I actually start to dread it :roll:

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Grace has sort of been going through the same thing and i have been putting it down to a change of routine over xmas. I have found that she is actually wanting to go to bed a bit later and so have tried adjusting our bed time routine to suit this.

She also cries when put in her cot but its more winging then full on crying, we have put some soft toys in her cot (that are removed when she is asleep) like her babies and a book, she tends to have a moan and when realises that no one is going back in will play with my pal scout and her toys for a bit before falling asleep!

Am not really sure if this is the best route to go down but its working for us at the mo!

Sorry if thats not much help am rubbish at giving advice

xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! I think I'm just worrying slightly because I'm in hospital next week s I want to make sure she's "back to normal" and not worry about someone else (my Mum or DH) try and settle her as it wont work, she only wants me!!

Well i out her down for her nap this morning and she's gone off great, not one cry, just her usual couple of minutes of chattering and murmuring! I know that is more than likely going to be a one off lol but hopping it's the start of things anyway.

Think you're right that it could be down to a change of things over christmas what with Daddy being home!!

I'll see hiw bedtime goes over the next few nights and play it by ear image xx