Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I need sleep !!

Hi,

My baby now 15 months has a terrible sleep pattern. She use to sleep through the night in her own room until i woke her at 7am.

We moved house in Sept 2010 back in with my parents and she has her cot in the corner of my bedroom. Since then she has never slept through the night. She was teething not long after we moved, so i'd give her calpol just before bed but she would still wake in the night. AS soon as the tooth came through she came down with a bad cold. I tried everything to shift it and everything to make her sleep well. Hot water bottle, pillow, Hot water under the bed with Karvol capsules in... needless to say nothing worked. Eventually the cold disappeared, but we are back to her 5th tooth coming through.

I need help.. my child can wake 4 - 5 times a night between midnight and 4am screaming for aslong as you leave her. I try to leave her to cry, but she won't stop until somebody gets up. I think it makes it worse that she's in our room, but at the moment we don't have a choice. Also Me and my Husband both work full time and its really starting to affect work and us as a couple to the point where my husband doesnt want anymore children.

PLEASE HELP !! xx :cry:

Replies

• Options
    www.babysleepanswers.co.uk

u have to sign up but they are amazing... really amazing..
  • Options
    sencond lucyah for this website. costs a tenner to buy the book but the one to one advice and guidance for individual sleep problems is worth it. I and DH work full time too so know how tiring it can be when you have to get up in the morning and go be 'productive' in work when you are exhausted. Hope it helps xx
  • Options
    Thank you so much, i've completed an online analysis and thinking i will buy the book. xx
  • Options
    its so worth doing chick. i wish id of found it sooner! if u end up going down the controlled crying route there are a few of us on here that have been there and understand so let us know how you get on!!! image
  • Options
    Never got back to buy that book. But seem to be doing ok.

She started sleeping right through to the point were i was waking her in the morning. It was pretty hard at first, she'd cry all nite.. to the point i could just be sat at top of stairs for most of the nite listening to her cry. We had approx 10 days of sleeping through once she got use to the fact we'r not coming everytime she cries.

Now she's got a cold again, so for last 2 nites, she lies wimpering a few times a night. So i'll just have to ride it out and see if she goes back to sleeping through. xx