Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Won't sit down

Morning ladies,

Ok over the last week or two my little man is getting stronger and stonger on his feet. He is almost pulling himself up ontp furniture now, he's done it a few times but other times he gives up!

Anyway, he now refuses to sit down, it is now impossible to sit him down to play with toys while i pop to make a cuppa or a bottle. He just gets stroppy, i end up having to just leave him crying as there is nothing else i can do. I darednt leave him stood up incase he falls while i'm gone!

Anyone elses LO's doing this or is my DS the only one!?

Sx

[Modified by: SLOW on 07 August 2010 09:18:08 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi S,

Brody just stiffens up and refuses to sit down all the time. I just lay him on his back and let him get on with it...within 5 seconds he's sat up, crawled over to the nearest thing and pulled himself up.

No rest for the wicked eh!

They'll be off and running around soon, then the fun really starts!!!

Jaimep xxx
  • Options
    Pleased i'm not the only one,
    Trouble is Seth doesnt crawl so i have to put him in the standing position and sit with him!! He cant pull himself up into sitting position either unless he's laid on somethign soft like a bed or sofa!! Gosh these babies know how to work us!!
  • Options
    Hmm, well i was going to just suggest leaving him to it S, but as he's not crawling (probably going to go straight to walking though!!) then i'm not too sure. Can he sit back down on his bum ok? But then gets frustrated cuz he wants to be up again? Hum, i'd say it'll only be a couple of days before he figures out to pull himself up xx
  • Options
    He can fall onto his bum, rather than sit down!!!! The trouble is his music station thing isnt strong enough to hold his weight while he pulls himself up, he i quite often find him on the floor with it ontop of him! Lol
  • Options
    H was like this before he crawled - it was a nightmare - fortunatly now when he does it I put him on all fours and he crawls off. x
  • Options
    LOL @ the music station on top of seth.. poor little man!

he will get the hang of it soon chick. i expect its just rather frustrating with growing bean and a demanding little fella!

does seth like phones?? strange question i know but i found an old phone of mine and took the battery out and now phoebe is quite happy sitting playing with it as she thinks its something she shouldnt be having!! lol it amuses them while you make a cuppa at least!!
  • Options
    Hi

Jake is the same. He play with his toys for a bit but soon gets bored and looks fo me to pull himself up on or anything he can find. He flips himself onto his front and then gets fustrated and moans and crys untill i help him up. He hates it on his tummy aswell. Hope this is a short stage image xxxxx Hope Seth manages to start to pull himself up.

Hayley and Jake xxx
  • Options
    Hi

Jake is the same. He play with his toys for a bit but soon gets bored and looks fo me to pull himself up on or anything he can find. He flips himself onto his front and then gets fustrated and moans and crys untill i help him up. He hates it on his tummy aswell. Hope this is a short stage image xxxxx Hope Seth manages to start to pull himself up.

Hayley and Jake xxx