Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Naps at 10 months

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering how many naps your LO's are having now they are all nearly 10 months?
DS has one at 9 am for 1.5hrs, one at 12/12.30 for about 1-1.5hrs and 45 mins at 3.30pm. Ive tried to make his after lunch one later but he just gets grumpy later on so i leave him as it is.

Just wondered when he should be dropping his 3rd nap!
Sx

Replies

• Options
    well phoebe isnt sleeping through yet so i dont know if her naps are right but she sleeps at 10.30am for 1.5/2 hours and again at 3pm for 1.5/2 hours.. apparently 3 hours is enough for them during the day now!
  • Options
    DS sleeps at 9am for about 1.5hrs and then another 1-1.5hrs in the afternoon about 2ish. Although hr didn't have that today for some reason and powered though. He did fall asleep about 6.30 this evening though!
  • Options
    DD has been on 2 naps a day since about 5/6 months lol.
    She sleeps 7-7 (touch wood!!!) and naps 9.30am for over an hour and another one around 2pm, again for an hour.
    However the last week she's started pushing back the time of the morning nap and having less time sleeping. So it's more like 10am before she takes her morning one, and can have around 45mins - an hour. Then an hour in an afternoon.
    She's throwing me lol but she's fine so I'm going with what she's doing. Touch wood it's not affecting her night time sleep, whereas it used to do, so I don't worry about it anymore lol xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

Usually 2 naps a day one for 1 -1 1/2 h at 10 and same again at 2 pm xx
  • Options
    my lo always has two naps, one at 9am ish for between 1-1.5hours and another at 12.30ish for about an hour. then bed at 7.30pm ish. he has been in this routine for a few months now!

ashy x
  • Options
    Grace has about and hour and a half in the morning usually about two hours after waking and sometimes an hour and a half in the afternoon if we are at home or she will nap in pram or car if we are out.
    xxx
  • Options
    Wow my lo seems to be the only one having 3 naps still, lazy little man, i did ask HV the question today and she said if he's sleeping and still sleeping through at night then he obviosuly needs it. If he starts waking early then i may need stop his last one. This may be easier said than done as he is a right grump if he doesnt get his sleep!!
    Sxs
  • Options
    S I don't think he'd take his nap if he didn't want it so go with what he's doing for now and if he makes any changes to his night-time sleeping then you could try again with pushing the lunchtime nap to later on and not having the tea time one.
    Cross that bridge as & when chick xxx