Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else? back to work?

hi ladies,

pointless post, am back to work next week and am absolutely gutted about it. I keep bursting into tears and just wanting to cuddle H till he pops! I know that in a few weeks it will all have settled down and it will be fine but for now the build up is horrible. Just wondering if anyone else is in same boat ? xx

Replies

• Options
    Aww bless you-how many days are you working?
    I am not back yet but I go back on July 28th and sadly I have to be back full time and I am dreading it!! Trying not to think about it at the moment cos I know I am going to find it VERY hard. Unfortunatly hubby lost his job just after I found out I was pregnant and although he is back working in a safe job he loves it means I am now the main wage earner so can't afford to cut down on hours.
    Have you tried having a few hours away fromH to break yourself in gradualy?
    I can totaly understand you wanting to hug him so much-i'm already like that with B!!
    xx
  • Options
    Am going back full time but do shift work so thankfully alot of my work will be afternoon and evening time when he is in bed. so prob about 2 days a week i will not see him or 3 afternoons depending on shift pattern. I know its not much when you think about it and i am fine leaving him for a couple of hours but just hate the though i am not there anymore and his nan may be the one to see some of his firsts, like tooth and crawling etc. I know i am being irrational but i just cant help it and we really cant afford for me to stay off any longer. Next time i will plan better and put more money aside. I really didnt realise how hard this would be x
  • Options
    It's not irrational hun I'm exactly the same. I find it hard to think that she will have more time away from me than with me. I find it hard to think that I may miss some of her firsts. I find it hard to think that somebody else will be looking after her when its only been me so far and that theu don't know her as well as me!!
    I just hope that when they are older they will understand and admire us for still working full time!! xx
  • Options
    I know that it is good to go back to work and spend sometime out of baby world but the thing is i just dont want to. Would really be quite happy being a SAHM. Oh weel i suppose i know his nanny will be looking after him mostly and that she adores him and would never let anything bad happen. Just make sure you enjoy whats left of your mat leave i know next time around i would spend every minute filling it will more exciting stuff than washing . cleaning/ cooking etc. We are going swimming today and he always enjoys that so am just going to enjoy that and not think about going back. thanks for letting me moan xx

P.s even if they dont admire us i am sure they will enjoy spending the money lol! x
  • Options
    I go back next week too! I am going back 4 days but have a pretty time consuming job that will have me working at home too image

Im gutted but thankfully hubby has Mon/Tues off and my mum having them Wed and my dad Thurs so they will get to spend some time with family. We have done some trial runs as I have done some KIT days and things have gone well so im not too worried, just gutted as im going to miss them so so much!
  • Options
    Hi Gemmie it is horrible. I wandered into work today. Came away feeling reasonablypositive. I know it will be hard but I klnow H will be in good hands so that does help ( oh who am i kidding ill prob be more neurotic than ever lol!).
    let me know how your first day goes! good luck x
  • Options
    yes
    i go back tomorrw, dont ask silly school hols, i am a school teacher. I am gutted i can'd spend more time with my little boy and I am feeling very emtional. I know i will get into it when i get back, but all i want to do is spend time with my little boy. I am going rto miss him so much image xxx
  • Options
    Big Hugs Tigger!!! It really is so much harder than i imagined. I always thought i would be one of those mums who cant wait to indulge in adult conversation and use brain cells for something other than remembering to brush ones own teeth after a sleepless night but OMG how my outlook has changed. Everyone told me and i said Rubbish!!! I hate it when other people are right lol. fingers crossed it all goes well for you xx
  • Options
    Hi Blue Star
    Guess you must be back at work now and hope its going well....just wanted to thankyou for your original post as i too am now dreading going back to work after having meeting with my boss today!!
    Glad to know others are feeling the same and i will now try and make the most of the rest of my leave by getting out in the sunshine with DS before im confined to the office again!!
  • Options
    Hi Bears Mum,
    I cant say i am enjoying it, but its not as bad as i thought it was going to be. My mind still wanders frequently to my DS but i am starting to get more comfortable and phoning home less. I am completely shattered though, H is waking through night again thanks to teething and has also been disrupted by the earlier starts so we are in a settling in phase at the minute. Best of luck going back to work and try not to be too anxious, enjoy the sun and do something fun before you go back . big hugs x