Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it worth getting a new bouncing chair?

Hey ladies,
When H is in his bouncer he is now almmost lay horizontal as he's so heavy! 15lb. I saw a friend of mine with a really nice, simple, bouncer that was quite upright so would be ideal for him and weaning. But is it worth getting a new one now at 5 months? i mean once he sits up will he still like going in it sometimes? It's only ??20 so quite a bargain... any thoughts?

D x

Replies

• Options
    Hey,

Personally I wouldn't - Henry stopped going in his around this age (he was a very big boy too!) as he was sitting by 6 months so hated being anything but upright! I bought a bumbo for him at 4 months that I used for weaning and Isabelle is using that now, she's just over 4 months. I have an inflatable ring that she goes in now which she much prefers to her chair!

Sometimes she goes in chair for a daytime nap but mine will be packed away soon enough!

xx
  • Options
    Hi hun
    I wouldn't bother - Ava's the same but I now use her high chair and she loves it!!!!!!
    xx
  • Options
    Too late i have already ordered one :-/ !
    I'm hoping as its quite vertical and he will be upright, that this will encourage him to sit up and he might like it... if not i'll sell it on ebay in a month or two anyway, woopsy!
    xx