Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is it ok to...

Still feel sad?

Am having bit of a crap day today. I had a MC and today the baby would have been one. I look at my daughter and am just so in love with her and feel so lucky to have her but sometimes i feel sad about what happened which is silly. Is it ok to have a bit of a weep today and move on or should i be over it? Not really sure why im posting this just feel like everyone around me has forgotten and thats fine as you have to get on with life and i cant expect other people to think about it like i do but i could just do with a hug. OH is at work and i just dont think he understands. Tomorrow i will be fine!!!!

We also went to baby group today and Grace made two babies cry cos she is just so loud as she is excited to see other babies, i just wanted to cry and walk out as i dont want my daughter being the one that everyone dreads coming!! Does anyone else have a loud baby?

Well im gonna have a cuppa and a bit of cake while Grace naps. Thanks for listening i feel better already. Sorry for the moan.

MicMic and Grace
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh hunny. Of course its ok to still feel like that. I had a mc the month before I conceived the boys and feel pretty lucky that it hasnt affected me too much, but baby would have been born 22nd Sept and I still pop into Sept forum as I was in there for a while. I dont talk about it with OH really, but I think back to when it happened and just how upset I was and it makes me weepy. Im not sure you can ever 'get over it'. It just gets easier, and I feel so lucky to have my boys that I feel they were a gift from my lost bean.

And YES! I have one very loud baby and one not so loud baby! They do make babies cry sometimes as when they cry its often at a time when im really busy with the other one and they have to wait. Most people pick up their babies when they cry so I feel awful! No one will feel like that just because Grace is vocal.

Lots of hugs sweets xx
  • Options
    Hi

Of course its ok to still feel sad, i also had a mmc before falling pg with ellie, and baby bean would have been 1 in june, as much as i love ellie (with every bone in my body) i still think about and sometimes cry for the baby i lost.

Lots of hugs
    Christine and Ellie xx
  • Options
    Hope you are feeling a bit better hun. Of course its ok. I have not ever suffered an mc but the thought of it does upset me., I think i would find it hard, especialy the 'firsts' . H is always the loudest where ever we go and has made other los cry. I try and not worry he is learning 'social' interaction and will soon come down to a level that doesnt make everyones ears burst lol xx
  • Options
    Oh huni, of course it is ok to still feel sad, thankfuly i havent been in that situation but it always worries me.
    On the loud front, Seth is always the loudest whereever we go, screams (happy) as loud as he can in what ever place we are! Dont worry, if she is happy thats the main thing. Enjoy your tea and cake xx
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies am feeling much better today. OH came in with a bunch of flowers which of course made me cry.
    Im sorry that some of you have been through it as well. I think it upset me more as i didnt realise the date then felt guilty for forgetting.

Thanks for making me feel better about the loudness. She just gets so excited and is such a happy baby that she screeches!! Whenever we are out and about she is always chatting to people or shouting at them if they ignore her!!!

I always tell her shussh when she is loud if it has upset someone and i really hate myself for doing it as i dont agree with telling a baby to be quiet as like you say they are learning social interaction, so im just going to try and relax a bit more and let her be the baby she is.

Thanks everyone

MicMic and Grace
    9mths today!!!
  • Options
    Oh huni, sorry i've only just seen this.
    Of COURSE it's ok to feel sad.
    I've been lucky and not been in your situation, and i honestly don;t know how i'd cope if i ever were :cry:
    Great big massive hugs.

Oh and yes, Ava is SO loud, screeches, shouts the lot!! Think it's just completely normal until they figure out their own voice........and volume hahahaha!!!!
    Don't feel like you have to tell her to be quiet for other people, i know what you mean though i sometimes feel like that when we're out but sod them that's all i say!! xx
  • Options
    its perfectly normal to feel sad and think about what might of been. I had a mc nearly 9 years ago and i still think about it quite often. Also my son is the wildest at his baby group but only because he is so active for his age.
  • Options
    sorry to g/c but i posted something very similar in bin - my twins would have had their 1st f=birthday on 16th July - and i felt terrible for feeling so bad as i have a wonderful toby now.

But it is healthyand normal to feel the way you do. The 16th of July is always going to be a tough day but just one year on and it is def better. We took Toby to their garden and it was almost quite nice??!!

But you are def entitled to and it is natural to feel the way you do. Lots of love and hugs x