Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

O/T great advice!!

Pointless post but I had to laugh at clinic this am when got lo weighed. He's becming a but of a porker and jumped up another centile for weight and is now 16lb at 16 wks, but still on 9th for length. He still wakes in night fir feed sohaving 6 bottles 7oz bottles a day although doesn't Always drink all.

The hv there said 'you could really do with dropping that night feed' and I was just thinking, it's not like I set my alarm for 3 in the morning! So we're going to try hungry milk for him!

Pointless post as I said but it was laugh or cry at her suggestion!! X :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Ha...love that...

'No, I dont want to drop the night feed...3am is such a beautiful time of the day!' lol!
  • Options
    Makes you wonder if the woman engaged brain before mouth... I would have been sarcastic, 'Oh OK, I'll have a chat with my baby and tell him...'

AJ was almost 18lbs at 18 weeks and he has anywhere from 6-9 bottles, sometimes sleeps through sometimes doesn't, these babies will eat what and when they want xxx
  • Options
    Such a stupid response! So not helpful really.
    Hv make us feel stupid and patronoised at best of times i have only seen mine twice and dont listen as they have made me feel stupid plus they never actually listen to anything we say!
    I use good old mummy intution and ask friends with kids etc! Majority of ladies i speak to say hv dont even have kids!
    xx
  • Options
    Personally i LOVE the middle of the night feed . It ensures i wakewith bleary and dry itchy eyes the following morning , circles that are so dark they make me age at least 5 years older than i am! that look is just So now! lol x