Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rolling!

I'd initially been excited about the prospect of Dylan rolling and for weeks and weeks he was almost there but appeared too lazy to give himself the final push onto his tummy! However, yesterday afternoon all changed!!! I was heating his tea in the kitchen and he was lying in the lounge on the floor with a toy when I heard an almighty scream so panicking, went rushing in to find him on his tummy looking a bit startled!!!

He hasn't stopped rolling since!!! All night he was rolling in his cot and then got his arm stuck down in the rails. He turned his lullaby sheep on and I was woken by Twinkle Twinkle at 3am! He also pulled the animals on his mobile so that has now had to be removed!!! ARGH!!!!

Has anyone got any tips to get him to stay still and go to sleep? He has never been a good sleeper anyway but last night I ended up feeding him to make him sleepy!!! I know he is exploring and discovering the new things he can do but I can't settle as I worry he'll hurt himself or will go to sleep on his tummy and won't be able to roll over if he needs to.

Am I being paranoid?!

Jo and a very active and noisy Dylan!!!

Replies

• Options
    lol, welcome to my world! my dd is a nightmare for rolling since she started... wait til she tries to roll with a stinking nappy!! not good! lol!

my lo's sleep went a bit tits up and its usual that when your baby learns a new skill (rolling, crawling) they temporarily mess up their sleep.. dont worry,. it will get better!!