Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First Period

Hello ladies and babies!

I haven't been on here for a while as Noah has been keeping me very busy! I was just wondering if any of you have had their first period since giving birth?

I bled for 3 weeks and then nothing for 3 weeks and now I've started bleeding heavily. Noah is 7 weeks on Wednesday and I'm breast feeding so I thought I would have to wait months for my body to get back to 'normal' again. I guess it's a good thing it's happened so soon - I can now start to think about contraception!

Hope everyone is well and babies are giving you all enough sleep!

Gemma and Noah xxx

Replies

• Options
    I bled initially for 2 weeks, Izzy is 8 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't had one, I'm not breast feeding or anything so am slightly worried. Izzy has her immunisations tomorrow and I've got my check, so wil bring it up, I don't think I've healed correctly and am wondering if this is why? x
  • Options
    Hey ya,
    I bled for about 3 weeks and had nothing since however i didnt have periods before i got preg so i there is no tellings whether they will resume now i've had baby or not. Will be talking to my doctor about this when i go for my check up at 8 weeks.
    Sx
  • Options
    I bled for about two weeks and now nothing. Although today is my first day of no breast feeding (sob!) so I wonder if they might come back soon. I'm not wishing it tho - I don't miss periods !!!

K x
  • Options
    my son is now 4 1/2 weeks and i'm still bleeding all be it lightly so i'm hoping i won't have a period for a while!
  • Options
    I had bleeding for about 2 weeks after the birth and Ollie is now 9 weeks and I haven't had anything yet! I've had my check with the doctor but didn't think to bring this up so I'd be interested to hear what your doctors say! xxx
  • Options
    AJ is just over 7 weeks now and no sign of period. The bleeding was light and after 3 weeks just went to discharge which I still have. Had the docs last week and asked about it, he said as I'd had a manual removal of the placenta it can take up to 3 months for things to return to normal xxx
  • Options
    I bled for about 4 weeks then had a clear discharge for a week or so but nothing now. I'm jst waiting for a period so i can go back on the pill.

Charlene
  • Options
    I bled for about 3 weeks but have had nothing since. Have been exclusively BF until this week. Have noticed little twinges and pain similar to ov pains and some clear discharge so expecting it in the next 2 weeks. Need to get contraception sorted i guess. x
  • Options
    I bled for about 3 weeks (the last week just being spotting) but nothing since. Except for yesterday when I started to bleed again (so 6 weeks after birth) and I started taking the pill again but then today I've had nothing so I have no idea!!! My periods were always regular before pregnancy so hoping they kick back in image xxx