Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

She is eating!!!

As you can probably tell Grace is having a nap which is why im on a roll with my posts!!

The last couple of weeks have been hell with feeding. I just felt like we wernt getting anywhere, she was refusing every meal and it was becoming a battle with us both ending up in tears. Well i put a post in baby as i was just at my wits end and just did not know what to do.

Anyway i decided that purees/spoonfeeding was just not working anymore so i pulled myself together and decided that i would give her a week of just finger foods and then take it from there. Well i now have a different baby. For the past two days she has eaten a sandwich, organix crisps and cucumber for lunch and even let me feed her a fruit pot. Breakfast and tea are not as good but im thinking one step at a time. This morning she had three cherios (which considering she has not had breakfast for about three weeks is alot)

We have got a long way to go but we are getting there.
No need to reply but just wanted to write it down.
I hope you are all well

MicMic and Grace
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh well done you, and well done little grace!
    It's great stuff your getting somewhere, you must be so relieved! X
  • Options
    Yay fabulous news, we went through a couple of weeks of hell trying to feed Seth. He refused point blank anything from a spoon, hadnt eaten breakfast for weeks and weeks but after a week of finger food he is now on a massive bowl of porride and a yogurt for breakfast and 2 more scrumptious meals. Also gave him a spoon to help too and that helped to get his mouth open!!
    Sx