Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC

So, is anyone TTC again at the moment ?

K xxx

Replies

• Options
    Thought you were saying you are from the title - are you?? image

Nope, not us yet. We're moving house (& the business) this year so got a lot going on. Think we're going to start TTC April '11 image xx
  • Options
    Hi,

We're not either at the mo, even tho i'm really broody! :\)
    Not really sure when we will but don't want a big age gap like i have with other 2. Need a bigger house first really!

xxx
  • Options
    snap with the bigger house. Who would have thought such a small person could take up so much space. Think we are going to start later this year. Although i am not on the pill or anything and oh said if it happens it happens. I think he wants another one now really. XX
  • Options
    Well.......we are not actively trying but we're not actively trying to stop it either!! I would LOVE to be pregnant again. If it happens i will be over the moon but not getting stressed about it like when ttc S. We're letting nature take its cause.
  • Options
    Think I can safely say NO NO NO! Twins are enough hard work, not sure if I could imagine having another one yet. However, we will try for another. Im thinking maybe when the boys are 4 or 5. Definitely no longer than that. Im just worried that if I have another child it will feel like an only child, with the boys being identical, and ill need to have ANOTHER one to keep the 3rd one company! Not sure I can cope with 4 children! lol! I always wanted 2 children, but didnt plan on having them at the same time!
  • Options
    We've just decided that we do both want to have number 3 but just a bit daunting going from 2, they'll outnumber us then!

There's 22 months between Henry and Isabelle and I'd choose that age gap again if I could as it's lovely that they're close in age, but Henry is now potty trained and dummy-less and has all his teeth so out of the baby stage!

Would want to wait until Isabelle is 3 to try for another though as had very bad morning sickness last time and found it soooo hard looking after Henry whilst being nauseous for 5 months!

Feeling broody a lot sooner than I did with Henry but then Isabelle is a very easy baby and labour was a million times easier too!

xx
  • Options
    That's a good point, i also suffered with horrid constant morning sickness until I was 18 weeks so I'd struggle with looking after a 2 year old at the same time. Oh I'll think about that as & when lol.
    I need to be healed first too and that's still going to be some time yet :cry: x
  • Options
    We would love another baby but want to leave a couple of years age gap. Prob start TTC in 2011. I realy miss my bump though xx
  • Options
    Thought you were saying you are from the title - are you?? image

Nope, not us yet. We're moving house (& the business) this year so got a lot going on. Think we're going to start TTC April '11 image xx

No, not yet - just feeling broody again ! LOL

I think we are going to start trying next summer although I've suggested to DH that we have a "raincoat free" month in October (and maybe November) and then if we fell baby would be born in July/August and DS would be 10/11 months. If not we'll wait until summer next year and then DS will be 2 and a half/3.

• Options
    We've just tried for the first time but I think aunt flo is on her way. Although when OH and I talked about trying for another one, I was all for it and pushed to try now. Is it crazy to change your mind?? I think that sanity must be kicking in and now I'm thinking that maybe we should wait a bit. Maybe I should be back at work for a bit to try and save some money.
    You suddenly realise that you'd need double everything eg nappies, new pram, nursery furniture, plus the coat of childcare if we had two children back at work...

• Options
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! :lol:
    I had an awful pregnancy. I threw up nearly every day from 6 weeks until Ffion arrived prematurely at 30 + 3. She was born at 2lb 4oz and was in SCBU for 8 weeks. Now at 19 weeks she's still only 9bl 12oz, so we've kind of still got a newborn. Due to my pre-eclampsia and c-section I've been advised by the hospital to leave it at least a year, but there are no worries about me not doing so! :\)
  • Options
    saintrugbygirl - It isnt that bad needing 2 of everything. You just learn how to economise! lol! You wouldnt need 2 carseats as LO would be out of theirs by the time the next LO was born. Many places also offer discounts on childcare for 2 children (Ive just been looking into it).

Dont let that hold you back, although im not sure if that is your main problem anyway. I thought twins would be a nightmare in terms of cost, but it isnt too bad.

Dont mean to be patronising...just thought i'd reply to your last comment xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Gemmiebaby.

Didn't realise that places affer discounts for 2 children in nursery.

I think that we'll wait a little while longer which will give me a chance to recover and allow us to enjoy LO. He's had his grammie and grampie here today and was full of smiles and beans - very cute. I want to enjoy every minute with him.