Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feed / Sleep habits?

Was just wondering how everyones LO were doing at night.

H is getting last feed at 1030 pm of 5 oz of ebm and sleeps for 5 hours. Was just wondering really if there is a massive diff between BF and FF babies as am thinking of switching night feed to formula and was hoping this would increase his sleep hours.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Options
    Heya,
    Seth is about the same, he has 4-5oz between 9-10 and will go for about 5-6 hrs then after another feed he'll go another 4.
    Sx
  • Options
    Hi Im breast feeding and when I give formla this seems to make little difference image however some people find that it does still early days for me though as she is only 4 weeks xx
  • Options
    Hi am bottle feeding and Luen from this week has been goin 4 hours in the day with upto 5-6 oz and then he will have last bottle between 8 ish and he will sleep then not straight away but will go 5 hours! After this bottle he will wake again in 4!! xx
  • Options
    Hiya, we started giving a formula feed at 10.30pm about a week ago. Have to say for us it hasn't made a huge difference in the length of time he will sleep. He has a BF at 6.30-7ish and then go up to bed, then has a FF at 10.30pm and usually wakes about 4hrs later for his next feed. Hoping this will get longer as he gets older!
    Know that for some babies the FF gets them to go longer.
  • Options
    H has his last feed at around 7:45. He has 6oz of ff and then will sleep anywhere between 5hrs and 8hrs ...

K x
  • Options
    Thanks we seem to be a bit hit and miss at the minute. Have tried the ff the last couple of nights . one night he went 10 til 7 the next woke at 1 , 2 , 3 grumpy and grisly before actually wanting food at 4. Think it will just be trial and error. Thanks for your advice x