Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Q's for those already weaning

Hi Mummies
a few Q's for those weaning their LO's please:

1) Do you give LO their milk before, in the middle of (I.e letting them have a few oz's then a meal then finish the bottle) or after?

2) If you give it before/after how long do you leave it?

3) How much are you giving them? I'm using Hipp Organic jars atm as the little monkey won't have my homemade ones (going to introduce mine again at 6 months though once she can eat things that aren't slop!!)
So how much of a jar do you give them?

4) How the bloomin' heck do you get the pur????e stains out the bibs/clothes??? Someone told me about Napisan which is something like Vanish so I'm going to get some of that!

Errm, think that's all I can think of at the mo, although I'm sure there's more really :lol:
xx

Replies

• Options
    heya hun
    i give bri a bottle straight after her meal. we r currently giving her ellas kitchen pouches of food and we give her 1/3 of the pouch at a time (the rest can be stored in the fridge for 48 hours). She eats most of but not all of this size meal.
    To get stains out I use vanish.
    hth
    xx
  • Options
    Hey huni,
    Seth has his first bottle at 6:30 where he takes 7-8oz then at 8:30 he has his porridge. I then hold him out til -11-11.30 for his lunch. He has approx 3-5oz here with 1/2 one of those jars followed by say a petit felous or some fruit (equiv amount) usually has his lunch first then milk.
    7-8ozbottle at 3pm then solid tea at 4:30pm where he has similar amount to lunch then his last bottle at 7pm 6-7oz. So in total he's having between 24-26oz of milk a day.
    Hope this help.
    Sara & Seth xx
  • Options
    Thank you lovelies image
    Great help as always.

Think it's still all a bit of a minefield lol!! xx
  • Options
    Hello!
    Have done trial and error and still am lol but Luen usually apart from mornig goes about half hour to an hour from haveing his bottle to having food.
    He same sometimes likes my food and then sometimes has either hipp jar (only half) or an ella kitchen pouch but these quite sweet so didnt want him to think all veg sweet! Think he got fed up because i gave him same carrot/swede/potato mix for 3 days! Think i would be though!
    xxx