Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Yes Yes Yes!!! Mmmmm Sleep !

Pointless post really but am a proud mummy. Since last week i doubled ds food intake at breafast a tea which has had the effect of 5 whole nights uninterrupted blissful dummy runless sleep! Just in time for going back to work. Feel guilty though the whole time the poor lad was waking he wanted more food. I thought coz he was refusing bottles he wasnt hungry but guess he wants real grub and has had enough milk to last a lifetime.

No need to reply xx

Replies

• Options
    Yay that's brilliant news!! Bet you feel like a new woman?!? Well done H!!
    How much (amount wise) are you now giving? I give DD 100ml of pur????e followed by a yoghurt at lunch and for tea the same amount of pur????e followed by a fruit one (about 50ml) of banana & blueberries/mango/strawbs, depending what I've got in lol!!! xx
  • Options
    Hi Bluestar

Glad you have had a few nights good sleep before you go back to work.

You have started me thinking if I'm giving DD enough now as we have had alot of broken nights sleep this last week which I put down to teething, now I'm wondering if she is hungry.

Christine x
  • Options
    Wow, that's ace Bluestar!!

Ditto Rosie70! I've just upped what I'm giving my LO as after 3 12hr runs, he's been up every night for last 10 days, which I thought was teeth, but was a lot more settled last night after having more food, so watch this space for tonight!!!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I was wondering how much milk your LO is on along with his food.
    My LO wakes most nights now, when he was sleeping through. He doesn't really like milk so is still on 4 bottles a day of 5oz each and I struggle to get him to take it. He then doesn't really eat that much at lunch, so wonder if I should drop the bottle just before lunch?

Congrats on your sleep!

xx
  • Options
    Hi
    I was wondering how much milk your LO is on along with his food.
    My LO wakes most nights now, when he was sleeping through. He doesn't really like milk so is still on 4 bottles a day of 5oz each and I struggle to get him to take it. He then doesn't really eat that much at lunch, so wonder if I should drop the bottle just before lunch?

Congrats on your sleep!

xx
  • Options
    Hi hun,

I spoke too soon!!!! his teeth were at him all yesterday and he wouldnt eat much food at all meaning he had an unsettled night and a milk feed which he still only took 4 oz of.

Usually he 7 oz milk fat 7 am
    porridge with full fat milk at 830am usually 2 1/2 teaspoons of dried porridge with an oz of fruit, usually mango / or apple/ pear and apricots. I also give him some toast figners to chew on after which he doesnt eat but sucks so dont really count
    lunch is at 1130 and is an 1 oz frozen veg and and a little yeo yog pot ( the small ones)
    7 oz milk at 2pm and dinner at 3.30 -4.00 which is 2 oz of veg/meat puree and oz of fruit with jelly/ custard/ rice pudding or yoghurt. Bedtime milk at 6.30 - 7.00 pm of 7 oz and then through til morning.

I got these baby puree freezing pots which are the equivilant to abt 2 icecubes ( 1 oz measurements) which make it really easy to give exact measurements as i would tend to be heavy handed otherwise.

Today he is refusing milk and food again so am rubbing anbesol into gums to try and help him eat somemore as i think it is this that stopping him eat.

In total if he drinks it all he has 21 oz of milk plus stuff added to his food but he usually leaves a coupl of oz in his lunch time bottle.

I do feel like a new women with all this sleep. Havent had sleep like this since before i was pregnant lol. hope this helps x