Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weetabix

I'm on a roll with my topics today :lol:

Just wondering if you'd given LO Weetabix yet? I think i want to try DD (she currently has porridge which she does love, but thought i'd give her a change).
So, if you have can i ask how many Weetabix did you give? How much milk? Did you just mash it with a fork? Did you put any fruit in it?
Sorry for the Q's :\)
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kelly

We tried DD with half a weetabix last week mixed with her own milk but she didn't seem to fussed so tried the next day ith a little mashed banana, she liked that a little better but not much, so we have left it for a couple of days and will try later this week again. ( think it was the texture she wasn't fussed on.

Can we now use cows milk for cereals and cooking now.

Christine xx
  • Options
    I give my LO about half a weetabix mixed with his own milk, I just stir it with his spoon and it goes sloppy! He prefers it with apple or pear in it though. x
  • Options
    I give H the bitesize weetabix. He has three. I put a little bit of milk on them just to moisten them. He puts them in his mouth and they tend to mush which is great.

K x
  • Options
    I have been giving Luen weetabix for a couple of weeks now I kind of alternate days so he gets variation, i did start with half a weetabix and use his milk to make it soggy, once it soggy it becomes a good consistencey like porride (if that makes sense?) He loves his weetaix (i dont lol) his dad reckons it should have sugar in it but he doesn't!! But since this week have been giving him 1 whole weetabix and it seems to fill him till lunch.
    As Luen is on 2 bottles a day i may give him more but i will see as dont want to overfeed, he dont want any others and i cant make him but he has just begun waking a bit earlier this week, not sure if his teeth as he really suffering or missing his bottle??
  • Options
    Seths down to 3 bottles now, which bottle has he cut out Lucy? I may have to try weetabix for my little chubster!!
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies image
    I'm going to get some tomorrow and try her with it on Thursday see what she thinks.
    I'll make it without any fruit in though 1st, don't want her getting used to sweet things at brekkie lol!!!
    Ava's on 4x bottles a day BUT she's dropped the amounts by loooooads - she now has a total of 15oz's from bottles and 4oz's with her porridge so a total of 19 per day (think they have to have 18 buy it can come from dairy products too now). I've tried knocking a bottle on the head but she does like a couple of oz's from it and if I can get more in her I will do!!!

Luce - think I've read somewhere that if a fully weaned baby starts waking in the night/earlier morning then it's cuz they're hungry so to increase their food intake (not milk). Of course it could be teething too but maybe he's a hungry monkey image xxx
  • Options
    S- Luen first dropped his 3/4 in afternoon bottle then about week after this he dropped his lunch time-ish bottle.
    Hve been introducing a snack time for him and this keeps him going til tea. Kelly- Was thinking about this lots and have dedcided he needs more food as he 6 months, rolling lots etc and am feeding him about same as about a month ago. So this week i am testing how much he can eat. Have made his 2 bottles bit bigger so this will help and gave him more at mealtimes and thinking of introducing a supper such as porridge or something healthy
    xxx
  • Options
    Yeah Hun don't blame you - ive been giving DD a little extra too - she's on the move loads so burning it off like crazy. She's only putting on 7oz's every 2 weeks now too so has steadied out on the weight gain.
    Give him a rice cake or something hun xx
  • Options
    Anyones Lo's had any funny reaction to the apple rice cakes? Seth gets a red rash around his lips when he's had them. Wonder if its the cinamon on them?
  • Options
    Oooo no S not us - could it be a dribble rash rather than a reaction?
    Steer clear anyway, just incase! x

Oh, forgot to say I bought Weetabix and full fat cows milk today so that's what DD is having for her brekkie tmrw image x
  • Options
    Aww it cud be, he does dribble alot!!! Friend says thats also a teething sign, only noticed it after these rice cakes tho.
    Uum, we;ll stay clear and see if it appears again.
    Sx
  • Options
    H doesn't like weetabix, he makes gagging noises! I tried adding more milk and blending a bit but still didn't like it!
    Talking about snacks etc i give H some squash and a snack when he wakes from naps inbetween bottles... the organix ones. He loves them, but tries to eat the rice cakes whole!
    Dx
  • Options
    S - I use Vaseline round Ava's chin to help with the drool lol.

D - yeah the Organix goodies are fab aren't they? I quite like the carrot sticks myself :lol:

I gave DD a mini Babybell earlier & she loved it. Took gummy chunks out of it!!! xx