Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning!!!

Is anyone else finding weaning difficult???

I have been weaning DD for a couple of weeks now and just wondered if what we are doing is ok and what the next step is.

Our routine is:
07:00 - 3 teaspoons of baby cereal
07:30 - 7oz bottle
11:00 - 2 cubes of puree (usually sweet potatoe and a veg)
11:30 - 7oz bottle
15:00 - 8oz bottle
17:00 - 4 teaspoons of baby rice and 1 cube of fruit puree
18:45 - 8oz bottle

How does this sound. She hasnt yet dropped any milk. She has just turned six months today and am going to start introducing some meat and fish however i cant seem to increase the amount of food she takes at lunchtime and i have tried trying to make her wait longer for it but she just screams for it. Also when should i start to introduce lumpy foods and finger foods?

HELP everyone!!

Replies

• Options
    I honestly think that weaning must be the most asked question when you have a baby.
    I think there's so much information to be found that differs SO much it's really hard to know what you're doing. I honestly don't think there's a right or wrong way - i've been guided by what DD wants/likes/amounts etc.
    We're fully weaned now - 3 meals a day plus lots of finger foods. I'm doing a combo of purees and BLW.
    DD has just decided that she doesn't want to be fed - she wants to feed herself!!!

This is our current menu (:lolimage bearing in mind we've been properly weaning for 7 weeks:

7am - 5oz bottle
    9am - porridge or Weetabix made with 3oz milk then a finger food of a piece of banana or mango
    11.45am - 4oz bottle
    12.30pm - meat & veg pur????e (100ml) followed by a yoghurt
    3.45pm - 3oz bottle (I do make up more but she doesn't take it)
    4.30pm - vegetable pur????e (100ml) followed by a fruit pot
    She also has finger foods of carrot sticks, broccoli florets etc.

Today she's had (finger food) half a Babybel, fresh strawberry, piece of apple, rusk, banana, sweetcorn ring, carrot stick) lol - she LOVES her grub!!!!

I use the Philips Avent Gourmet pots to store DD's purees I make up and they're measured in ml so I'm afraid I don't know how many "cubes"!!!!
  • Options
    Oh and a 6oz bottle of milk at 6.45 pm!
  • Options
    im just geting the hang of this weaning lark too micmic- its hard! im still doing all my usual milk feeds too!

she was having baby rice for dinner at 5months.. now she is 6months and she is having baby porridge for breakfast, puree at lunch and maybe a rice cake with butter on and puree and a yoghurt for dinner. we are geting there but she gags whenever i give her something lumpy!!!

i tried baby led weaning and my god its messy, but good fun!!