Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Follow on milk

Hi everyone I'm just wondering if to change grace onto follow on milk? Have any of you done this? She is on three bottles per day of 8oz but is starting to not want her milk and I'm worried that she isn't getting enough nutrition from her meals as these are still pretty much hit and miss.
Do I change over completely and use it for all three bottles or only for one bottle as the back of the tin is very confusing!!! We are on sma gold without any problems.
Thanks for your help ladies hope your enjoying your weekend.
Micmic and grace
xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi there!!

We are on Follow on milk and have been since just before LO was 6months on advice of HV.

I wasn't going to bother as had always been told it was a fad/there for milk companies to make money etc etc.... But Charlie was on Hungry milk, and so HV felt he prob didn't need this and 3 meals a day so just to move him on to the follow on. He's been absolutely fine on it, and it does have more iron in so can only be a good thing?!

It is a bit of a mine field to decide what to do for the best as there i just so much conflicting advice!!

xxxx
  • Options
    i ebf phoebe past 6 months by which time she was ready to be put straight on follow on milk.

i think alot of people say not to bother so i guess its entirely up to you! "apprently" our lo's will be off their milk soon and onto cows milk so whatever you decide to do i dont evpect it will make much difference!!
  • Options
    Hi, I switched Ava over at 6 months. No problems at all.
    It contains more iron than normal formula, same price etc so that's why I switched xx
  • Options
    I put H on at abt 7 months. He simply got bored and started refusing 1st milk. Tried follow on and he started taking it again. I would be bored too with only milk for 7 months lol x