Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Dummies?! (in baby too)

Have a quick question about dummies and other mums experiences with them please?!
My lo is 4 weeks and i am pretty sure he wants/likes his dummy as he will suck it sometimes. I just changed it to different brand this week as previous 1 he wasnt taking so well, i bought tompee tippee 1s before he born as he had these bottles (thought it' be logical) anyway i changed to advent type now and he really happier and loves it although wont always have it!
I just wondered how others got there baby to take dummy better? Am i doing right thing now?
Sounds silly i know i'm not too fussed if he dont want it!
xxx

Replies

• Options
    had to swop brands also but from tommee tippee to mam range which are a huge improvement. TBH tho if ur lo is not taking dummie and not crying i would leave him without it until he needs it. harry is 6 weeks and like Luen he doesnt always want dummy so i tend to follow his lead with it xx
  • Options
    Seth has an avent one which we use at night times IF we need need it to settle him and i sometimes use it in the day if he wont settle but only use it when he is screaming and wont go to sleep. It soon quietens him down and he is snoring like a baby!!
    Sx
  • Options
    We had TT and advent ones, but she only seems to like the advent ones? She only really wants it, after feeds at night and if she's in crying in her carseat then she spits it out once she's calmed down. xx
  • Options
    I just thought Caden didn't like his dummy but after reading this thread think it may be down to his tt dummy. Think a trip to tescos or boots will be on the cards tomorrow!

xxx
  • Options
    dummys are the bane of my life.......... baby is 5 months old and has been using his dummy for about 4 months. now all of a sudden at night every time it falls out his mouth he wakes up moaning and grizzling. not just once or twice but about 20 times a night :\( really wish i hadnt used one now as im going to have to try and get rid of it before the lack of sleep sends me off my trolley.
  • Options
    Now you have me wondering should i give up!!!
    He seemed to liked advent one but again he kept spitting out after a bit. But the little monkey seems to like chewing on his bottle so have bought him yet another dummy a cherry style one and this IS my last resort lol xx