Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weaning confusion!

Hello lovely ladies and babies.

A little question about baby food. Now i understand that under 6 months they cannot eat meat and dairy products so why is it that in jars and containers you can buy baby meals with meat in and cow and gate do dairy puddings like yogurts that are 4-36 months?

Are these ok to give our lo's or should we stay away?

Sxx

Replies

• Options
    Hmm yes I've also seen this but I've avoided anything with meat in it as I'm not going to introduce that until (roughly) 7 months - that's what it says in the AK meal planner book too.
    I have no idea why they do them tbh!

With the dairy, I think they're ok with cows milk IN food already from 6 months?? Oh I'm not too sure about that one!
  • Options
    Im not sure, it could just be a flavouring rather than meat. I read somewhere that the jars of baby food contain alot of water but im not sure if thats true or not. I`ve tried 2 make as much of my own stuff from scratch as much as possible that way i know whats in it.

Have a look at the ingredients and see if its flavouring or if it is meat.xx
  • Options
    Yeah well i make 99.9% of Seths food from scratch but i keep some jars in for when we go out and stuff, i just saw them and wondered. I think there is alot of water in them and preservatives etc which is why i prefer Seth to eat home cooked stuff as i know exactly whats in it.
    Sx
  • Options
    The thing is if the jars werent good enough they wouldnt be able to sell them..am gonna have a wee look next time i get my shopping and get a few for when were out.

What kinds are the best ones?
    xx
  • Options
    Hi hun you can cook food with cows milk from 6 months acc to AK.

Lauren and Mylie - ellas kitchen is porganic and has nothing added. Is on offer as itis quite pricey in tesco at the moment xx
  • Options
    Blue xstarx thank you i will give that a try xx