Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cradle Cap

Harry is really suffering from cradle cap and i keep getting different advice. Can anyone help? Its not so much under his hair but on the sides of his forehead. I put oil on it like the HV said, which didnt do much. Then i let it dry out thinking it would fall off and heal, but just went weepy and sore. I have to keep remembering to put scratch mitts on when he sleeps as this morning he has caught it and really made his head bleed :-/
Does anyone have any advice or have used anything that works?!
Danielle and Harry
12+3

Replies

• Options
    i'm afraid i can't really help as alfie hasn't suffered with this but my half sister had it when she was a baby and my step mum used a special shampoo, i can;t remember what its called but i think you can get some different ones for it. Have you tried any of those?

Charlene and Alfie
    XX
  • Options
    Hi charlene, thanks i went to the docs with harry today and he perscried a medicated shampoo for it, which i hope will do the trick! x
  • Options
    Izzy's got it too, I've been using Dentinox cradle cap shampoo, but it doesn't have much effect at the moment!! What did they prescribe? x
  • Options
    Luen has also just got this on one area and i mentioned to hv earlir today and she said to use just olive oil?! xx
  • Options
    Yeah i was told olive oil, but it only made his head yellowy/green and him all slimy! He has got dentinox and it has really made a difference and we only got it yesterday!
    Dx
  • Options
    Will buy some then was thinling of getting some earlier but werent sure guess it 1 of them many things that i ignore from the hv!! xx
  • Options
    Heya, LO had really mild cradle cap, so we tried dentinox and the first time we used it it made it worse but we used it again and it seems to have mostly gone...
    Ella xx