Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bottle or beaker??

Hi ladies...i try to give mylie water everytime she gets food but she hates it!! I want to keep trying. I just wondered does anyone give their LO water in a beaker type cup rather than the same bottles they get their milk in?? I dont know if she wont take it because she thinks it should taste like milk! Hope that makes sense! image

Lauren and Mylie 18 weeks xxx

Replies

• Options
    hia
    I try and give dd water in a beaker but she still wont take more than 1 sip lol!!
    xx
  • Options
    Ive got Doidy cups but im yet to try them as they boys HATE water. I am going to start giving them water with their meals though! Just dont think theyre going to drink it! lol
  • Options
    I was always told Bottle for milk and Beaker/cup for water - so that they understand the difference.

I have one of the TT Explora cups (with handles) and give her this with a bit of cooled boiled water in & she really likes it.

• Options
    Hi hun,

H really didnt like water initially, tried him TT first sips beaker but the flow was too fast. Went back to using teats for a couple of weeks but the 6 month + ones he reluctantly began to take it at mealtimes whilst eating food. Changed back to beaker this week and seems to be bno problem and will take between 1 - 2 oz of water at mealtimes. Think it was prob more perseverance with the water than changing bottles / teats etc that paid off though, but worth a try if your struggling xx
  • Options
    Noah doesn't really know what to do with the water lol. He spits it out not because he doesn't like it but he looks at me as if to say 'what in the world am I supposed to do with this?!' and tries blowing bubbles!!

Gemma and Noah 21+3
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies..there realy helpful. Im definetly going to try a beaker cup and see if this helps her. Like the sound of some of those mentioned so we will get one 2morrow. xx
  • Options
    H really likes water and guzzles it from his bottle (I have to limit how much he has otherwise he drinks too much and then throws up!) but he can't get the hang of drinking out of a beaker so he has it from a bottle.

K x