Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Yay he's starting to get it!!

No real reason for the post but i wanted to share that my chunky monkey is finally getting a grip of chewing and swallowing finger food.
He's had toast last two days for lunch and hasnt gagged once just sucked it and chewed and swallowed and then today he had about half a babybel which he did the same with. What a clever boy!! I am so proud!

No need to reply!! lol
Sxx

Replies

• Options
    Whoop whoop that's brilliant Mr S you little star!
    Told ya he'd surprise youimage xx
  • Options
    aw! how long has he been trying finger foods?!

i gave up as there was so much gagging and being sick image
  • Options
    i started with the organix finger foods, carrot stick etc as they kinda disolve in the house, same as rusk i guess. Then a few days ago started back on some toast and he's now eating about half a slice of toast and hlaf a baby bel, he takes little chunks and gums it and chews it and then eventually after some funny faces he swallows!! He did start off by making himself sick which wasnt pleasant. We have a fish man come on a Thursday so i'm gonna try him on fishcakes for tea. They are soft so wont take any chewing and more potato than fish so we'll see what he thinks to them!!
    Sx
  • Options
    Well done Seth. How did you get him to eat it?? H totally does not get it. He puts it in his mouth and sucks but then just pulls it apart and makes a great big mess. Dont think he is actuallly swalling much toast! x
  • Options
    Wow well done. All we have managed so far is sucking food then throwing! How long did it take? We are doing pur????es but keep thinking should try and offer more finger foods?
    Xx
  • Options
    Juat time and lots of practise!! His grandad gave him some chocolate today (naughty, but a treat once in a while i'm not TOO bothered about!!) and he loved it!! He loves chewing on banana, cheese, bread & butter etc etc