Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight gain

Hello mummies!

Just out of interest, how much did lo's weigh at birth and how much do they weigh now?

Dylan was 8lb 9 1/4 oz at birth and today at 13+2 he weighed 15lb 10 1/2oz.

I'm struggling to carry him for any distance and he completely fills his car seat!

Jo x

Replies

• Options
    Ah love chunky monkeys!!!

DE weighed 8lb 5oz at birth and was last weighed at 12+4 and weighed 13lb 15oz (so a stone for arguments sake haha!!) She's a yummy chunky monkey with lots of lovely creases - she's actually quite long though, from her Daddy's side though as I'm only 5ft 3" lol!
  • Options
    :\)molly was born at 5lb 12oz and last weighed at 6 1/2 months and was 16lb 8oz, she is nearly 7 months now.

clare
    xx
  • Options
    Seth was 8lb 13.5oz at birth and last week at 15 weeks he weighed 16lb
  • Options
    Evan was 11lb 4.5oz when born- on the 98th centile!! He was weighed this week, he'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and he was 14lb 8oz, and now down to between the 50th and 75th centile.
  • Options
    Isabelle was 6lb 11 1/2oz (and went down to 6lb 2oz) and she's now 17 weeks, but was last weighed last week and weighed 13lb 14oz and on the 50th centile
  • Options
    andrew was 9lb 5 1/2oz at birth and was last weighed at 12 weeks and was 13lb 15oz thats meant to be good as he is breast feeding still. He is also very tall so not at all a chunky monkey, in fact he will be 14 weeks tomorrow and is absolutely filling all his 3 - 6 month clothes.
  • Options
    Dd was born weighing 5lbs 3 oz. She was last weighed at 13 weeks and was 12lbs.
    xx
  • Options
    Alfie weighed 8lb 1oz at birth and 1 week ago when he was 14 and 1 day weighed 16lb 2 1/2 oz.

Charlene
    XX
  • Options
    Hi all,

Brody weighed 8lb 2oz at birth, never lost any and is now 14lb at 13 weeks. He eats for England which is great but really tiring as I'm still breast feeding (the HV's keep telling me it must be really good stuff!!!).

Jaimep and Brody (13 weeks yesterday) xx:\)
  • Options
    Hello.
    Ffion was 2lb 4 1/2oz when born (at 30 +3) on 29/10. She was on the 2nd centile. She was weighed today at 13 weeks (corrected age of 3 +3) and she was 7lb 1 1/2oz, which is on the 5th centile. She's piling the weight on big time, and is getting some folds and creases!
    Beth xx
  • Options
    Alfie was 5lb 5oz at birth and last week, at 15 weeks, he was 11lb 8oz

Ryan was 5lb 5.5oz at birth and last week, at 15 weeks, he was 12lb 5oz

They lost a little bit last week as they suffered badly with bronchiolitus but im sure theyve piled it back on again! Cant wait to find out how much on Monday...im obsessed with having them weighed!
  • Options
    Forgot to say that would be 11 weeks corrected - thats what they mark them at in their red books and this puts them on the 27th (ish) and 40th percentile - I think!!
  • Options
    AJ was born weighing 8lbs 14ozs and was weighed a day before 16 weeks and weighed 16lbs and 14.5 ozs so another chunky monkey image

He's not that chubby, just very long, he's giving my arms a nice workout lol xxx