Forum homeโ€บ Archived Birth Clubsโ€บ My baby was born in Oct 09
๐Ÿšจ Advance warning ๐Ÿšจ This forum will be closing on 1st May โ€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How Many Babies ?

How many babies would everyone like to have?

DS is our first. I always said I wanted two children (even though both DH and myself are one of three) but now I'm thinking I'd like three. I think its probably due to the fact that DS is such a good boy but I love him so much and love being a mum so much that the thought of only doing it once more doesn't bear thinking about. I was so against three originally as I didn't one one to feel left out - which then takes my thinking to, well, maybe we should have four! Ha ha! I couldn't ever imagine having four children - a family of six!!! But who knows !!!

I keep thinking things like "family 'deals' are always for two adults and two children and we wouldn't be able to fit three children into DH's car (although we probably would in mine, just!), we only have three bedrooms so we'd have to either extend or move etc etc !!!

I know u probably think I'm crazy planning this far ahead but I'm a planner ! Ha ha !!!

Replies

• Options
    U sound just like me!!! Originally i only wanted 2 and hubby said we were only having 2 BUT..... i love being a mummy SO much and loved being preg that like you the thought of only doing it once more makes me sad!! So i think i'd like 3 or 4 or 5 !! lol We'll see. Deffo at least one more if i am fortunate to get preg again.
    Sxx
  • Options
    lol when i was a teen i never wanted any! then i had dd1 and i never wanted her to be an only child. dd2 came along then 4 years later i fell ill while on the pill queue dd3 appearing... Then i split up with their spermdonor and i met df and we both decided we'd love our own lil one together. Dd4. Now i'd quite happily say NO MORE EVER! lol but i know if it happened df would be over the moon... Dunno if i could cope wiht more though! As for the car issue we have 2 and the bedrooms, dd1 has her own, dd2 and dd3 share the big bedroom, dd4 has her own and i've turned the dining room downstairs into mine and df's bedroom. Not sure where we'd put another baby so thats my excuse and im sticking to it!
  • Options
    I've already thought about how i could add a studd wall in one of our big bedrooms to make 2 which will mean i have 3 more bedrooms on top of ours and Seths!! lol. Not sure is DH is aware of this!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I would really hope for 1 more so we're a little family of 4!! However, the thought of giving birth again does scare the bejeezus out of me though, so don;t know whether i'd rather wait a bit and psyche myself up, or just get it out of the way, lol!!
  • Options
    I always said I wanted 2 children. I just never expected to have them at the same time!

Now I REALLY want to experience having 1 baby to look after and coo over, and id love to see if I could have a girl (not that I would care either way - I thought I would but the boys are fab and I could see myself having another boy now!)

However, I never wanted 3 children - one being left out etc, and with the twins, especially being identical, I feel this would be even more prominent, so im stuck. Im not sure I could cope with 4 children! lol!

Even so, me and hubby have been talking about only having the boys. Im sure I could come round to the idea of just having them as they are the 2 children I always wanted, and I really love the idea of being able to give them everything they need and them not wanting for anything.

I have a while to decide as I know I dont want a baby around while the boys are too young as if I do choose to have another one, I want the boys to be old enough (at school at least) so that I can spend the time enjoying the single baby!! lol!

Gemma, Ryan and Alfie 22 + 2
  • Options
    Hmm, well we'd LOVE to have 1 more but age isn't on our side (I'll be 33 in a couple of months!!) and I want a couple of years difference between Ava & the next.
    BUT I'm absolutely over the moon with the precious bundle we've been blessed with, she's such a good baby & a very happy little girl.
    I'd hate to think she wouldn't have a brother or sister to boss around though & I'd also love to be pregnant again image
    I'd possibly go on to have a total of 3 but like I said, it's an age thing so maybe just 1 more if we were lucky enough x
  • Options
    We definetly would love one more..hopefully we will TTC in 2011 as we would like a little age gap. I would love to be pregnant again..but then i suppose it would be alot harder with having a LO to look after. Hope im all healed before i get pregnant again.xx
  • Options
    Oh if i could afford it would love 4, dh would settle for our DS , i really dont want him to be an only child so guess will go for 2. Really enjoyed being pregnant and still feel a little evious when i see pg ladies stroking tummies! that being said having ds here is better than i ever could have imagined so if i couldnt have anymore then so be it x
  • Options
    i'd love another, i have a 7 year old son and the baby. We have 3 bedrooms so if we had another the 2 wee ones would have to share. It won't be happening for a few years if we do tho.
  • Options
    I would definately be happy with 2. But since H has come along although he is a great baby, sleeps well etc I don't think H2b realised how much work goes into that one little person so he keeps saying h is going to be the only one! image It makes me really sad to think that i wont be pregnant again as i enjoyed it soo much. But i have said to h2b never say never and im sure once H is less dependant and a few years have gone by he will feel differently... i hope! he also wants to be financially stable enough to provide one child with everything and not stretch to two.
    Here's hoping! x