Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C - Section

Being new to the "my baby was born in October" forum this might have already been covered, if so please point me in the right direction and I will have a read.

I had a c - section and am finding it increasingly frustrating that I cannot get about and do things that I want to do,for example driving. I live on a hill so cannot get anywhere without having to push the pram up a hill unless I am taken out.

My support network is really good and I feel bad for getting so frustrated as I realise that I am very lucky but am starting to feel that I am alone.

My appointment at the doctors is not until the 15th Dec, not far but it still seems a while to wait.

Hoping there are some more of you out there in a similar situation.:roll:

Replies

• Options
    when was your baby born as i could drive after 4 weeks. I know exactly how you feel about feeling isolated though. At least you get to spend some quality time with your new little one.

Charlene and Alfie
    XX
  • Options
    I had a c section! Although not really in the same position as i dont drive and live 5 mins away from town centre. All the advice I can offer which I have been given is to make sure you do give yourself time to heal properly, my friends mum had c section and 30 years later it still weeps as she over done it, also another friend had c section 2 years ago and her scar still weeps same reason. It must be hard you must be desperate to get out and about, I cant wait till I am properly fit so I can go for nice long walks xxx
  • Options
    Hi
    I also had section on 21 oct and felt quite normal after a couple of days but still took it easy and could tell when my body was telling me i was doing too much that day.
    I so understand your postion as we live about a couple min drive from all shops etc but i am isolated as we live on country lane and it can be bit crazy so cant really walk near house etc.
    I too had great support from both mil and my dad but felt slighly frustrated having to rely on others to do stuff i thought i could do! after 2 weeks i was driving, only short journies. But as my husband had pointed out to mw am in same position if am a passenger so she told him i could drive!!
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your comments it must be different for different areas as it will be 8 weeks by the time I go to the doctors.
    Your all correct, more time with my little man and must take it easy.
    Worth knowing that it could still weep when over doing it so know not to panic in future.
    Thanks for all your comments.
    Hope you are all well and enjoying motherhood
  • Options
    Hi my midwife said to sit in te car and try hitting the break as in an emergency stop and to try twisting liek you are reversing. If those actions are comfy, hen ring your insurance company and see if they are happy to cover you. If they say yes then go for a practise drive with someone and if that goes ok, then you can drive again! I drove after 5 weeks since my c section and it has been fine!