Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

First Birthdays :D

Has anyone thought about these yet? What is everyone planning to do for it?
I'm toying between a small tea party with immediate family (I have a big family so will be quite a big tea party) or combining her christening (which i've still yet to plan) with her first birthday so all our family can celebrate it with her.

Also, has anyone got any good present ideas for 1 year olds. I like to buy early and want to start soon, but I don't know what to get lol. I was thinking of one of those bikes where you strap little one in, and I push...

Dani x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Jelly tots,

H has no siblings and none of my friends have lo's. All my nieces and nephews either live far away or are a bit too old to enjoy a baby birthday party so tbh i was thinking of keeping it low key and family but more really something for the adults, maybe a bbq as we just dont know any children ! I feel quite sad writing that as i really want his 1st birthday to be celebrated but he doesnt really have anyone of a similar age to invite.

Am prob going to get one of those strap in trikes like you as think he would enjoy that. xx
  • Options
    Don't feel sad, wether its children or adults, it's still celebrating his 1st birthday. H will probably enjoy all the attention he'll receive of all the adults rather than having to share it with other children too. I think a bbq would be a great way to celebrate his birthday!! If I had a bigger house and garden, I'd probably want a bbq too, but as it stands my house is just too small for that. xx
  • Options
    YYYEEEEESSSSSSS and i can't flippin wait!!!!

We move house on the 1st October (to a 7 bed detached with 10 acres of land image) so will be nicely moved in before DD's birthday on tthe 17th so will be throwing a huuuuuuge party combined with house warming!!!!
    I'm thinking Waybuloo theme with De-Li cake hahahaha!! (Note my avatar) x
  • Options
    7 bed detached house......JEALOUSSSSS!!! Sounds lovely xkelly77x I bet you can't wait. All that land tooo!!!
    My little one loves waybuloo lol, she stops doing whatever shes doing when it comes on and stares at the screen and claps along to it!! I love it when she does that lol!
    You thought of any presents your getting her yet? xx
  • Options
    Yay, i cannot wait. I love throwing parties and being the hostess with the mostess!!
    We will have a big tea party, loads of our friends have children about the same age and my brother has a little girl and my cousin has 2 little girls. Cannot wait. Sx
  • Options
    OMG slow now i am doubly jealous - you get a 7 bedroom house and to ttc now! sounds like it will be a fab house and a fab party x
  • Options
    Its Kelly with the 7 bed house, we only have 4!! lol Even so, hoping for my BFP before S 1st birthday! image