Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No more babies?????

Heya
It seems that a lot of us are already talking about ttc next baby.
Just wondering if anybody else has decided not to have any more babies?
luc
xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Luc
    Don't get me wrong we'd love another one but at the same time I'm immensely happy with our daughter so if we were only lucky enough to have her then I could live with that, although I think I'd feel slightly disheartened if I couldn't give her a sister or brother.
    We've got more than enough love to share with another one (or 2 lol cuz twins run on both sides :lol: )
    xx
  • Options
    I do want another but if it didnt happen then i would not be heartbroken but like kelly, grateful for the one i have, I do want a bro/sis for DS though, but not yet!!! maybe a year - 2 before ttc again. what abt you? xx
  • Options
    We have 100% decided no more babies and I am not even the slightest bit broody. I see newborn babies in the shops and I think they are so cute but it doesnt make me want anymore!! Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed every single minute with dd but she is all I ever want and hubby feels the same.
    xx
  • Options
    Ah you see i am one of them soppy sods who becomes reduced to a quivering baby talking fool as soon as there is a newborn around lol! broody does not even cover it he he i am very sad i know. at least you and dh have made a decision together though. TBH my DH would be quite happy not to have any more but knows i want one more. I dont want to force his hand ( or anything else lol) but then dont want another ifhe will not take as much joy as he has with ds. xx
  • Options
    Yeah dont get me wrong, i was so lucky to be able to have Seth and if i couldnt have another i would be more than satisfied with my gorg man BUT i would love to give Seth another one or 2 brothers/sisters. I am incredibly broody and we MORE than enough love to share with more cuddly babies.
  • Options
    I would love another when H is obvisouly a bit older maybe when he's atleast 3 going onto 4. But OH can't believe how dependable little H is and didn't realise the work that goes into it all and would just ike to give all of our love and attention to one. I think he would like to financially provide for one and not have to compromise for two... I said never say never and hope to change his mind in the future image x
  • Options
    We'd love another one, but not for two years or so. Was told by midwife i should ideally wait two years to recover as Ev was so huge when born and i have a huge c-section scar!! So that suits me down to the ground. I replied in Baby and just said also, i'd hate to think of Evan one day all alone when we're long gone. Or having to deal with stuff all on his own like funeral arrangements. Morbid, i know, but not long after losing father in law, it's playing on our minds when we've talked about having a second child.

Jxx
  • Options
    I am an only child whereas hubby is the eldest of 4 so we both have different experiences but both had originally said we would love to have 2 children. However, I was so ill whilst carrying Abi and we are so grateful she is here and thriving that we have decided not to have anymore. The doctors have agreed that its probably best we don't. Its upsetting at times to think that i'll never have another baby but then i only have to look at Abi and i forget all that.
  • Options
    Me and Hubby compramised on 4 children, 2 down 2 to go lol!! i orignally wanted 6 but hubby says 4 is enough which i agree with him!! Hubby is 1 of 4 and sed how lovely it is to be part of a big family wen he was younger and i like the hussle and bussle of a busy house!!! If we had a massive house and lots and lots of money then id like 6 but its just not practlical, there is 3 yrs between ds and dd and that works out quite nicely so wel be waiting a few yrs yet for no3! x