Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

F.A.O KELLY 77 (also in baby) OR ANYONE ELSE WITH ADVICE

Hi Kelly

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I noticed in another post that you have droped the dreamfeed.
Can I ask what your routine is now and how much your LO is taking now and also what time you feed.

We have tried to drop this feed the last 2 nights, First night she was great slept 8.00 till 7.30, but last night was a nightmare she was awake playing at 2.00 and 4.00.

Thanks
christine xx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya
    No of course I don't mind you asking image

Well firstly my daughter is on "food" which I think is the main reason. Are you weaning?

Although I'm actually sure she'd have been happy for me to have dropped it earlier than I did, I'll admit I was being selfish in doing for at least the 3 weeks prior....whoops!

This is my routine SINCE dropping the dreamfeed:

7 am wake - 7oz bottle (which she now drowns with no fuss, I was having problems before, presumably because she was still full from the dreamfeed!!)
    9.30am - Porridge
    11.45am - 7oz bottle
    12.30/1pm - Veg pur????e
    3.45pm - 7oz bottle
    4.45pm - fruit pur????e
    6.30pm - 7oz bottle

So she's taking 28oz's & 3 small meals.

Before I dropped it she was on roughly the sane amount of milk (but over 5 bottles not 4) and just one meal of a veg pur????e.
    I've just gradually started introducing more food purely because she's hungry!!

I'd try it Hun, if it doesn't work you can introduce it again if need be.
    It's lovely now NOT doing it, gives me & hubby our evenings & we go to bed at 10pm now! Bliss!!
    Good luck x
  • Options
    Hi Kelly

Thanks for the reply, yes we have started weaning and she is on 3 small meals a day but just started with the third this last week, I'm finding she is really messing with the first bottle of the day and I,m lucky if she takes 5ozs, I think also I'm going to have to play around with timeings as I feel shes still full from the bottle before, thats why I thought about dropping the dreamfeed, to be honest its me who wakes her at 10.30-11.00 for it lol.

Thanks again think i will try a few of your times and see how we go

Christine xx