Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

dreamfeeding Q

Hi ladies,

just a wondering, when do think the dreamfeed should be dropped? until abt 6 weeks ago H slept through on 4 7 0z bottles through day but now he is having 3 x 7 oz bottles a 5 0z with hid food and will take a full 7oz dream feed which will take him through until between 5 - 8 depending on him. I only introduced it as he started wanting a night bottle again and wasnt sleeping. should i wait till he is on 2 meals a day then drop it or gradually reduce the amount he takes now? I dont think he really needs it but has become habit he had a giant growth spurt but has now slowed which was prob the reason for the waking. Any advice appreciated xx

Replies

• Options
    Hey Hun
    I "finally" took the plunge last weekend when she hit 20 weeks & she sleeps through from 7pm - 7am (which she did before) so it's worked for us image Oh touch wood of course!!

She just wasn't interested in it & I really hated rousing her for it, who likes being woken from their slumber??
    So she's now on 4x 7oz's but she's also weaning so is getting *food* too.

Entirely up to you, I was scared lol but your LO might just surprise you. If it doesn't work then bring it back in for another couple of weeks xx