Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Development ...

DS is doing really well with his crawling, standing etc but I'm worried that he is WAY behind with eating. He can't use any cutlery and I now spoon feed him meals !!!

I feel like we've gone backwards and he's never going to eat by himself.

Replies

• Options
    Seth eats everything with his fingers hun and wont have cutlery anywhere near him. He has ONLY just started crawling and standing and walking round furniture, i was worried he was getting behind on moving but now he's going from strength to strength, I think they do it in there own time and you cant rush them. If i give Seth a spoon or fork he just empties food off it and chews it!!
    Sx
  • Options
    we dont have a cutlery user either!! i wouldnt worry image
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry, Charlie certainly doesn't use cutlery!!! It's not something I've even thought about either TBH, he often has his own spoon when I'm feeding hin as it stops him grabbing the food end of the spoon I'm feeding him with lol!!
  • Options
    Definition of cutlery in Harrys world : plastic toy in which soft food stuff sits and gets thrown at various targets - wall / mummy / floor!

I still worry that H has no teeth yet! what I would give to see a little grin with a toothy peg! not to worry , in their own good time i suppose. xx
  • Options
    Brody doesn't use cutlery either! He doesn't even use his fingers most of the time...the food just ends up flying across the room unless we spoon or fork feed him!!!

Don't worry hun, they all do things in their own time.

Jaimep xxx
  • Options
    Dylan doesn't use cutlery either, he usually uses his hands but if feeling particularly lazy he throws his head on his highchair tray and slurps it up - delightful!!!!

He is also too lazy to use a sippy cup himself and prefers to have mummy hold it for him (being a total mug, I do this just so I know he has drank enough as otherwise he wouldn't drink at all!!)

Bluestar - enjoy the lack of teeth, Dylan now has 6 and has decided its hilarious to give mummy a cuddle and then bite me on the neck - lovely!!!

• Options
    haha... @ Honeyboo (well, Dylan actually!) I love that he just slurps his food off his tray, that has really bought a smile to my face!! xxx
  • Options
    Bert - its bad enough at home but when we are having lunch out its pretty embarrassing, he's had some funny looks!!!! Guess he's a typical boy, looking for the way which requires the least effort!!!

• Options
    Oh Honeyboo, I love it!! and yep- typical boy behaviour!! hehe! xxx
  • Options
    Cutlery? Ruben so far seems to think that a spoon is for pinging food with...not eating it!