Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC no 2

SLOW's lovely news has got me thinking about TTC no 2.

There are soooo many pros and cons in my head. I did use to think when Dylan was a newborn people who had LOs so close together were bonkers but now I'm coming round to the idea.

Is anyone else planning to try soon?

I spoke to OH about it the other day and he's like another soon (although he just might be looking forward to the trying part!!!!) BUT the main thing holding me back is not being able to fly on my own with 2 children under 2 and what if I was blessed with twins, we'd never be able to fly to my mum and dad's (even with OH with me)...

ARGH, its so complicated.

Jo x x x

Replies

• Options
    I've been thinking about it a LOT but honestly we just can't yet, purely because of my "complications" down below from Ava's birth that I'm still suffering with :cry:
    I think if I didn't still have problems we'd start trying now really. We're moving into our new house this month so it'd be the perfect opportunity and if we WERE to have another I'd rather do it sooner rather than later that's for sure. I think the longer people leave it the bonkers they are really hahahahaha!!! Only because dealing with a new baby is still fresh in your mind and I think you'd be waaaaay more relaxed about things the closer in age they are, you'd have to be just to cope with it.

I understand about you being reluctant to fly with 2 BUT I think you'd more than manage. You'd just adjust to the new situation and I'm sure your Mum would come to you more often as she'll know it'd be a bit more difficult for you.
    If YOU feel ready now then go for it!!!!!!! I would!!!! xxx
  • Options
    I am definately ready Kel BUT, they will not let you fly with 2 babies under 2. You have to have an adult for every infant!!!

Have you heard about your MRI results? Its ridiculous that Ava is almost 10 months and you are still suffering.

I agree about leaving it too long being mad now (I think the newborn days were such a blur my judgment was seriously wrong) as I would eventually like to have a full nights sleep again.

I loved being pregnant, it was so magical and even now I look at Dylan and get a wow moment!

• Options
    I think in an ideal world, we'll wait until Evan is 2 and then start trying. The thought of two under two terrifies me, don't know why. I guess i want to see him walk and maybe potty trained before i have another baby. Just found out my brother has proposed, and they'd like he wedding to be next summer, so maybe after that would be a natural time to try again!

Jx
  • Options
    as you know jo we are currently ttc #2 image

like kelly said im sure your mum will understand your situ and come to you more often? you have to be selfish and think about what you want chick!! image
  • Options
    We're going to start ttc early next year - so DS will be at least 2 when lo2 is born.

I'm just really worried - DS is such a good boy and has been a BRILLIANT sleeper - and I'm so worried that no2 won't be a good sleeper ... eek !!!
  • Options
    We're going to start ttc early next year - so DS will be at least 2 when lo2 is born.

I'm just really worried - DS is such a good boy and has been a BRILLIANT sleeper - and I'm so worried that no2 won't be a good sleeper ... eek !!!

Yep, I have to admit that's one of the things holding me back too. Well, we've had the odd bumpy bit along the way but i just find DD amazing and fascinating that I'm thinking there's no way we'd be as lucky to get another one the same!!! Madness thinking that way really, it'd still be your baby afterall. I think though if I could clone LO I would :lol: xx
  • Options
    I've officially caught the broody bug! i would love to be planing for baby 2 but we live in a 2 bed and in an ideal world (if there really is an ideal world out there) would love to be in a 3 or 4 bed before any more additions come along. I couldn't imagine trying to move house whilst having 2 babies to move too!! If it happens before we get chance to move then i'll still be shouting with joy from the rooftops. My LO has made me the proudest mummy in the world just by the way he's progressing and the smiles he gives me, i can only imagine how much pride you must feel when you have two lovely little babies staring back at you!