Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Names (stolen topic!)

I've stolen this idea from born in august but thought it was a good one:

Are you happy with the name you chose for your LO? If not, what do you wish you'd called him/her?

What would you call your next baby?

I'm very happy with DD's name choice, Ava Grace, couldn't think of anything else that suits her!

If we have another baby we'd have Freya for a girl and Henry for a boy (same name picked out when pg with DD).

Replies

• Options
    Im really happy with ours, Phoebe Olivia. although i sometimes wish id of given her a different middle name as i would love to have another daughter called Olivia! hehe

im stuck for new names but if i had a boy i would like to call him dylan or theo but dh wants charlie! i like the names lily, megan, maisy, my god- the list is seriously endless!!
  • Options
    I love Seth as Seth, he looks like a Seth!!
    Our next i think will be Heidi for a girl but not sure on a boy!
  • Options
    I love Hayden Moore - I wasn't sure for the first day or so but now I love it so much !!!

Number 2 will probably be Tayla for a girl (my maiden name) or Will for a boy x
  • Options
    I couldnt picture Harry being anything else really. If have another girl will be niamh or poppy for a boy though I am struggling I like Callum, Theo, Finn but DH didnt like these first time around so will have to try harder to convince him. x
  • Options
    Blue Star - just read that as "poppy for a boy" :lol:
    Ooo I like Finn!
    I think choosing names for the 2nd time round would be harder if you have the same gender.
  • Options
    I love Charlie James, I couldn't imagine calling him anything but Charlie!! For a girl we wanted Amy, and I think if we have a girl next time we'll stick with that, not sure on middle names tho, I really like Elsa.

For boys second time round, I have no idea!! Our family is all boys!! My grandparents currently have 9 grandchildren and 4 greatgrandchildren, with 2 on the way, and there are only 3 girls!! The two on the way are both boys too, so I think we'll have to start recycling boys names soon!!
  • Options
    I love both Alfie James and Ryan John. Middle names were after Daddy (James is Daddies middle name) and Grandad (John is his first name) so didnt have much say in those really. I think the only thing I would say is that when we chose names I always loved Alfie, and didnt have another. Now it seems everyone has a child called Alfie (I only knew 1 when the boys were born). Ryan was a last minute choice, and I love it. I have NO IDEA what we would call another boy as we struggled with 2 first time round.

When we didnt know the sex we had girls names chosen already. Abigail Lucy (Lucy is hubbies sis) and Olivia Leigh (My sisters are called Carley and Ashleigh so felt it linked those) Abigail was our original choice, before we got pregnant, and I love it still.
  • Options
    I've loved the name Evan since i was about 14- hubby had no choice really so lucky he loved it too. He's Evan James Elwyn. James because it goes nicely with Evan and Elwyn after my grandfather. And i wanted to give him a strong Welsh name as i no longer live in Wales, and he's unlikely to speak Welsh growing up like i did, i just wanted him to have some kind of tie. For when i bring him up to support Wales in Rugby instead of England!!

Another boy would be Isaac. A girl might be either Gwenllian (Gwen for short) or maybe Martha!!
  • Options
    Good choice with Dylan Lucy!!!!!

I think my Dylan really suits his name, he is a proper little chunky monkey and his middle names (Robert Ramsey) go with it really nicely I think.

If we were to have another boy I'd pick either Archie or Charlie (OH isn't aware of this but I'm sure I could get my own way) and for a girl I LOVE the name Ariana (not sure if he'd go for that one either!)

I did have a dream not so long ago that I would have twin boys so who knows...!
  • Options
    ooh! i have had a twin boys dream too! and there are twins in both familes! eek! bill and ben anyone?! lol