Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Aching joints post preg?

Hi Ladies,
Since having Seth all my joints (ankles, fingers, wrists, back etc) are really sore and stiff. Is this just me getting old LOL (i'm only 27) or is it a preg thing or am i getting arthritus or something?

Sxx

Replies

• Options
    Hmm don't know chick but I will say that my knees ache sssssssooooo much now, they really hurt when I like pull myself up ouchy. This has only been since being pregnant too.
    Don't know about your fingers though and you're def not getting old (wait until 33 is approaching eeeeekkk!!!)

Do they ache constantly or just every now & then? x
  • Options
    i think its cause your ligaments are still soft for a few months post pregnancy. I have a sore back and wrist.
  • Options
    First thing in the morning i walk like an old lady then they ease up or if i've been sitting, sitting on the floor with Seth hurts alot and strugle to get up!
    I've read something about soft ligaments after birth, must be that i guess.
    Sx
  • Options
    Me too!

My knees have hurt since lo was 2 weeks old, especially when I sit down on the floor then get back up again. Then my shoulders and ankles started to hurt and now my wrists are so painful. Even picking him up is painful. I went to the dr when my wrists started hurting and he put me on max dose of paractemol for 2 weeks then additionally max dose of ibuprofen for 2 weeks. Paracetemol did nothing but ibuprofen is taking the edge of it. I will go back next week if not better. They hurt when I'm feeding him his bottles too. Homeopath thought it might be repetitive strain injury????

I'll let you know how I get on

Spark
  • Options
    It must be the extra work our knees are getting cos after ive done my dvd the next day they ache even when im sat down!! x
  • Options
    My hips and back hurt constantly. Our bodies change over nine months and think i read somewhere that it takes nine months to settle down again!
  • Options
    Oh no, 9 months of feeling like an old women!! Oh well its all worth it.
    Sxx