Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Oct 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Child Trust Fund

Hi Mummies
Sorry to be nosey but have any of you done your child trust fund yet? I was under the impression i got the information about it when i received the confirmation of child benefit - i received that today (wow, a whole ??20 a week!!) but nothing about the trust fund.
Do i do this myself? If so, can someone point me in the right direction and what do i need to actually do??
Thanks xxx
5+4

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kelly

I also have just received confimation on my child benefit and the information on child trust fund came the next day, it also said that I should receive the cheque to invest within 14 days if not to contact them.

Christine xx
  • Options
    Hia Kelly
    I received my child benefit letter last week and then this week I had the information pack about the child trust fund which informed me that I would have the ??250 voucher shortly!!
    xx
  • Options
    Sorry this isn't entirely relevent to your thread but i have only just sent my child benefit forms off awandering nd was just how long does it take and when do they backdate it to?

Charlene
  • Options
    Charlene
    Mine took about 2 weeks to come back. You are backdated to the 1st monday after your baby was born. I was only told last week that I was eligible and have already received my backdated money so they are relatively quick
    xx
  • Options
    Oh that's good Luc86 cos I had absolutely no idea what I could/ should be claiming because I didn't get a Bounty pack in hospital with all the details in it. Anyway, I sent it off last week so hopefully I should hear back soon then!
  • Options
    Thanks. I thought they would take a while but thats really quick..

Charlene
    XX
  • Options
    Thanks gilrs - guess i'll just wait for the info to come through the post xx
  • Options
    You get quite a big booklet with the info in i have yet to read but have assigned this to my hubby as am rubbish with maths and money type things, only thing am good at doing with money is spending lol!!
    xx